Pro 2 firmware update problem

When I attemp a direct from pc update the program can not find any devices on any com ports…One thing I question that may be part of the problem is that I do NOT have weatherlink either running or even installed on this PC, could that be the problem…WD shows it on com 4 the updater says no device on com 4.

you don’t need weatherlink to update your firmware. you do need your console to be capable to accept the update.

Use the same com port that you have Wdisplay accessing,but exit out of WD or whatever software you are using before you attempt to access that port. The update requires the entire com port to itself.

then follow the directions… :slight_smile:

Thank you so much, shutting down WD did the trick, it’s updating right now…hopefully it will boot back up without a bunch of issues.

Another important thing; if you are using a different baudrate than the standard 19.200, you MUST change this back in the console before trying to connect with the software updating program. This is done by holding DONE while pressing DWN arrow, then step to Baud Rate with short presses on DWN arrow (by memory… :slight_smile: )