First major snowfall for Western Washington

I Hope we get what they say here… 10 inches…

From the NWS for my Area.

In the east Puget Sound lowlands including cities such as Bellevue... Issaquah... North Bend... and Bonney Lake... 2 to 6 inches of snow are likely today. Snow flurries have already begun and heavy snow is expected after 7 am. The heaviest snow amounts will be near the Cascades... and over the north part where a persistent band of snow may develop. Another 2 to 5 inches will fall tonight. Total snow accumulation will be 4 to 10 inches.

You really know how to rub it in dont you :frowning:

Well so far in there forecast…there wrong lol…nothing new there. They said we should have 2-4 inches so far…Hopefully there afternoon forecast is right for the rest of the 10 inches.

Cool!!

2.6" here today, maybe 6-10 Friday and more Monday!!!

FINALLY!!! :smiley:

You all can have the snow. I am tired of it…Got in trouble at work for not comming in last week. Had to go in Sunday to make up…

But it is still preaty. (The snow)

Some of use got to go home a little early. They were even using a snowblower! I haven’t seen one of those in years. 8O

its been amazing here…snow to the north, east, south and west of me…nothing here, besides a few flurries. But yet, the NWS is still saying 10 inches out here overnight…Yeah right…ok

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP FRIDAY MORNING AND CONTINUE THROUGH
FRIDAY AFTERNOON BEFORE TAPERING TO SNOW SHOWERS FRIDAY NIGHT.
THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR THE SNOW TO BECOME HEAVY...ESPECIALLY
FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS COULD
EXCEED 7 INCHES IN MANY LOCATIONS...WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF UP TO
A FOOT OR MORE IN SOME LOCATIONS.

I’ll take it :slight_smile:

They let us off work early yesterday.

Today they closed the courthouse down so unless there’s an emergency, I’m staying home.

These wet freezing conditions really mess up the roads. Yesterday one of the neighbors and i plowed our road. Another neighbor slid to the side of the hill, scared her pretty bad not that it’s a big drop but it would have definitely messed up her car and would have required a good sized wrecker to pull it back up. Fortunately she stopped and we were able to pull her back on to the crown of the road.

Just heard on the TV that they were saying something about “Thunder Snow” up in Seattle. It almost never snows in Seattle and the traffic up there looks horrible.

i actually heard some at my place about an hour ago while it was snowing, but didnt see any lighting.

Mark,

Did you receive any snow like they forecast stated? You mentioned last night that the snow all around you.

Chuck

not really…we only got 4-6 inches. We were stuck in a snow shadow all day. Just north of me, about 20 miles or so, they got 23" #-o Just amazing what a few miles does over here.

this was just on our news…

Drivers abandoning vehicles, driving wrong way on freeways

lmao…just amazing how people freak out.

That is pretty funny driving the wrong way and folks leaving there vehicles. Yes that is amazing only so many miles apart and a big difference in snowfall. Receiving 4-6 inches is enough at one time, anymore than that can raise some havoc. Just my opinion. The snow we got last week none of it has melted because it is to darn cold. I had another double digit below zero morning for the 6th morning in a row and the forecast does not look that great either.

Chuck

Looks like the saga continues. We’re looking forward to near zero degrees and near hurricane winds after we get the 6-12" of snow or rain or ice. We’ll probably be able to join our friends in the Midwest with no power and low temperatures. I fired up the generator a few weeks. I’ll be putting the trickle charger on pretty soon. Times like this i wish we could afford to put in a wood stove for supplemental heat. A couple years ago we were with out power for 10 days and the house got pretty cold but it was only down in the lower 40’s then and not below freezing like now.

In 2006 we were out for 8 days cause of that wind storm. i got my generator all ready to go and stocked up on wood. prepare for the worse and hope it doesn’t go out. The big difference with this storm is the Snow and the negative wind chills.

Wow! 8O 8O

The storm is moving in. cant wait for them 90mph winds, not really though. To bad i wont be able to measure the winds speeds, Thats still frozen…lol

90mph and your worry about a frozen wind thingy, i dare say it wont be stuck for long lol

LMAO…your right…just had a 22mph and that did the trick…lol

ha ha ha, thought it might, nice one :slight_smile: