Getting the information onto my home page

Hello all. Been lurking here for a couple of months now so decided to register. Recently bought a vantage pro 2 with Fars and using wd 10.37

I have got my website up and running, but for the life of me, i cannot get my wd information to show on my home page. When i go to the ftp file manager, i can see the files there but not on my home page. All of this is new to me, and index, public_html etc is gobbledegook. I bet it is not much for me to do but i cant get it to work. When i had my website up and running for the first time, it said to delete default.php from public_htm and thats what ive done. Any help will be great, from a lifelong weather lover. #-o

http://www.llanelliweather.site40.net/

Ummm right now may not be the time to try and figure this out as there is a notice on your web site from your web host :frowning:

-Bob

It’s a free host too, typically those don’t like the frequent FTP uploading required for a weather site :frowning:

Ok. Don’t know why the’ve pulled the plug on my website. Thanks for the replies anyway. May have to look for a paid for hosting service. Any ideas please. Preferably with a website builder included. Cheers. :roll:

Pricey,

Cut your losses (time) and Pull the plug now and just sign up at e-rice and then you will have all kinds of help and their prices are extremely low and they have no problem with WD and WDL users…

-Bob

I use e-rice and have had no issues at all and it is cheap. The package most of us have is package 1 $10 a year. I assume that you already have a domain name.

Chuck

Hello Chuck. No domain name i’m afraid. As i said, a complete beginner. Liked your website and would love to have one like that.Everything seems so complex when building a site. I thought a free host was too good to be true. Cheers again.

Thanks for the kind words. I use godaddy for domain and e-rice for my web host. A domain through godaddy will run you roughly $10 us dollars a year for a .com one.

So it would cost you roughly $20 dollars a year. I know that you are in the UK so it maybe slightly different.

Chuck

Things are just just the same for those of us in the UK…we just pay in $US via PayPal or similar…I did my .NET site as above, as a test to see how things would go…and it succeeded no probs…see this thread here and the additional link to sort things out…it really was quite easy to setup :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

Also for anyone starting out with a new domain one possible suggestion…

Use GoDaddys DNS management for your domain and sign up for Google Apps and use Gmail (with your domain name) for Mail and point your web site to your Host…

I set up all three daughters web sites that way this past year and they all love it plus it makes their email extremely portable for when (IF) they ever leave the nest.

If anyone needs help with the settings in GoDaddy just let me know and I will be happy to help.

-Bob