Blizzard Watch for Saturday

Steve,

What is funny I was born and raised in Los Angeles. But the military took me away from LA at 23. I felt the same way about the cold temps but being in the military and being stationed in northern tier of the US you get used to it, at least I did. I retired about 2 years ago in Minot North Dakota and moved to Glendive Montana due to job obligations.

Yes it is cold here there is not doubt about that. The rest of my family is still in the Los Angeles area and they try to get me to come back. I just don’t want to because of to many people, crime. I just don’t like the hustle and bustle anymore. Where I live now, the population is around 4500 people and most businesses are family owned except for Albertsons, Taco Johns, Kmart, Subway, Dairy Queen. We have no Wal Mart, McDonalds, Burger King etc… The nearest Wal Mart is 75 miles away, McDonalds is 50 miles. It is something to get used to but you live with it. When I told my family that they said how do you survive or something of that nature.

There is very little crime here and believe it or not people still leave there doors unlocked when they are not there. If you forget to lock you doors when you go to bed you really don’t have to worry about it. Enough rambling.

Chuck

Well looks like I am the only reporting station in the area. None of the stations are report for my area. I just checked weather underground and noticed that. I wonder what is wrong with those stations not reporting. As long as my power does not go it, I should be okay unless my internet provider runs into problems.

Chuck

Chuck was watching your wind and windchill. MAN! COLD!!!

I love small town living too (6200 I think) Got my 27 acres, frontage on 2 roads, room to play,
have fun and have big old bonfires.

fire!.jpg

-37 windchill. Thats not good :o

Record cold in MT. (Nippy here too :slight_smile: )

It is -23 degrees this morning and windchills in the mid -40’s degrees. I broke my all time record for low temp. That includes the record I set in Minot North Dakota. My windchill record is -47 and as of now it has topped out at -45.8. I won’t be going outside that much today unless it is necessary. I do have to take my kid to school and that is about it.

Chuck

Holy CRAP!

It’s almost 80 degrees warmer here Chuck.

Ga burrrrrr!

Well it is only -19 degrees. One good thing no wind at the moment which is a good thing I guess.

Chuck

Chuck You’re not a hoghead are you?

Mark

How do you keep the house warm when it’s that cold.

I’ve had a few -10 days but that’s nuts :lol:

I see the river is frozen too.

Actually the house is warm. The only cold spot in the house is my wife’s office. It is the only room that does not have dual pane windows.

Chuck You're not a hoghead are you?

What is a hoghead? Sorry never heard of that.

Chuck

I thought every one in Glendive worked for the railroad. A Hoghead is the one who drives the train. At least that is what those of us that fix them call them :slight_smile: No id.ea why

Mark

No not quit everyone does that in Glendive. A lot of folks work at the roundhouse as well. I used to work there.

Chuck

West Burlington Shops :slight_smile:

Mark

Can we get her thoughts on that Chuck? 8)

She does not spend a whole lot time in there because of being cold. She usually sits out in the living room with here labtop. The only thing she does not have Dreamweaver on here laptop so she can work on her web sites.

Chuck

Im not sure i would have put that down in writing. Not to quote you out of context or anything. :wink:

LOL

Trust me my see’s what I write in this forum. Maybe I should have reworded that differently. But you do know when it is could is when you have a solid layer of ice on the window (not a dual pane window). Looks like we will stay in a deep freeze for the rest of the week and going into early next week.

Chuck