Blizzard Watch for Saturday

Looks like we are in for a doozy of a day on Saturday. Does not really say how much snow but and arctic air mass is moving in the same time as a storm system. They say wind chills Saturday night could range from -30 to -65 degrees below zero. I was supposed to go out of town that day but I think I will stay home. Where I am it is far between towns and wide open.

Here is the link to my advisory page.

http://www.chucksweather.com/wxadvisory.php

Chuck

Put a couple extra logs on the fire Chuck.

WIND CHILLS 30 TO 65 BELOW…

WOW!!

Supposed to be bad in the Pacific NW too http://www.komonews.com/weather/blog/35869309.html

Once this passes very cold weather as well. Highs Sunday and Monday singles digits below zero and for the night time lows -21 and-22 degrees below zero. It will take a couple more logs for the next few days.

Chuck

yeah…as of a few Hours ago, they have the winter storm coming inland where mike lives “Long Beach”

40 to 50 mph winds and Snow for the whole area…they really hesitate here on the amounts, so you pretty much just have to just wait and see.

Chuck,

What is the weather supposed to be like early next week? I’ll be zipping through that area on my way back to Michigan.

Here you go Tim. Are you coming across on I94? I am about 3 minutes off I94.

Sunday

Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold and blustery, with a high near -4. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around -22.
Monday
Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -8.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around -21.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 12.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around -2.

Chuck

wow…them temps remind me of when I lived In Northern Idaho.

We have had pretty nice so far this fall. I guess this is the way to break in the winter season.

Chuck

Yes, I will be coming through on I-94. Have to stop in Minneapolis on the way back.

I think it was in 2003…I might be a year off either way…but…We went a week In Idaho at -35 below for the low…and about -28 for the high. Cars werent going anywhere…lol

If you a few minutes if possible maybe we can meet. I know it will be cold during that time. It is up to you Tim.

Chuck

Chuck,

I will have to see. I plan on driving as straight through as I can back to Michigan.

It will also depend on what time I get to Glendive.

No problem Tim. The gas prices here are much cheaper than in North Dakota. We are @ 1.55 a gallon. We are roughly 20 cents cheaper last time I checked. Just thought I would let you know. Not trying to make you stop just giving you info.

Chuck

Keep it up there Chuck, we don’t need any of that drifting down this way…although it may. #-o

I don’t know where you are starting from but do take care, it looks like a rough trip.

Niko,

Been in Spokane, WA for the last 5 weeks for work. I am hoping to start back Monday so maybe the worst will be over by then.

Thanks for the concern.

I may have to take I-90 instead, but I really need to stop in Minneapolis for work, also, so we will see.

wind chills of 65 below are nothing wait till still air is 65 below and then get the wind like we do up north here.

Thanks, but I think I’ll stay here in the south and continue to whine about wind chills of zero. :slight_smile:

My mind just can’t fathom 65 degrees below zero. 8O I guess being a native
of California, USA makes those kind of temperatures completely alien. Even
living in the Sierra Nevada mountains, with temps only down into the upper
teens, doesn’t help. I can’t imagine what it must cost to heat a home with an
outside temperature that low.

Good luck in the blizzard! Stay save and warm.

-Keith