Trouble with the automatic mode - the wrong date format - pl. help

how should I set the date format to automatic mode to work correctly. at this time I get in the startup message “Month greater than 12. Check date format under Preferences”
In preferences I set Mo / da / Yr but if I change to the Da / Mo / Yr program also does not work correctly.
I noticed that when you run WXSIM date is correct, as in the settings. If the program starts in automatic mode, loaded data is wrong format. So surely these are errors and messages.
Please help.
This problem did not appear now, or after the upgrade. There is already from the first installation of version 12
It has no such problem before, because I thought it was my lack of knowledge about the program. It was my first contact with the program.
And now, a little familiar with it, but I can not improve the situation.
In addition to this well gave cope with the manual handling of the program.
regards
andrzej

sorry for the poor English language - google translator :oops:

date.JPG

date_bad.JPG

Hi Andretti,

What date format do you normally use? I see year/month/day in the bottom screen shot. I have never checked Polish regional settings.

Just recently, a Swedish user had simiar problems, and solved it (for now) by switching the Windows regional settings to something else. You could try that (in Control Panel) and see if it fixes the problem.

Of course, I know you would like to keep the normal settings on your computer. I am looking into other possible ways to read the date into WXSIM, but won’t be able to get that done for at least a couple of days, if I find a way.

If the format in the text box matches your choice under Preferences, it should work. The problem is the format the program reads from Windows.

Try changing your settings, perhaps to another European country (using Day/Month/Year) and see if that works.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Tom

Hi Tom
I thank for the tip. Solution to the problem is actually quite banal. I can not believe that it did not I ran. But what was a surprise for me also, that in my country is using the date format YYYY-MM-DD. :smiley: At least so says B. Gates, who in Windows Vista PL to set the date format yyyy-MM-dd or yy-MM-dd. Every day in a hand-written documents I use in date the format dd.mm.yyyy
But because Windows can not set this unless this is incorrect. :oops:
To check the validity of your hints, provisionally set the date format for English (UK) - DD / MM / YY - just like in the settings WXSIM and left on all day WXSIM automatic work. Everything is working perfectly.
So to go back to my national settings in Windows, it is desirable that your program is able to choose the date format, which “means” my system - yyyy-MM-dd or yy-MM-dd.

Sorry for the confusion, probably came out on dope, who does not know what his country is using the date format. Ha Ha Ha
If I understood well, you loose this small problem in the next upgrade version.
Tom. I thank you very much for your help. :slight_smile:
andretti

Hi Andretti and Tom

I am the swedish guy who had exactly the same problem as Andretti and I solved it by forcing Windows to use the US standard MM/DD/YY for date only and everything else is still swedish. But yyyy-MM-dd is not a swedish or polish standard dictated by Bill Gates, it is the international standard from the International Standard Organisation and most small countries in Europe follow ISO recommendations. But I think the trick here is to find the native date that Windows use internally and use that internally in WXSIM also. The rest is just a presentation matter of very little importance.

A funny thing is that WXSIMATE use the IEC way of presenting date and time - yyyy MM dd hh mm. For me (as a swede I guess) this is excellent because it is very straightforward with no risk for misunderstandings.

Tom, I am sure you will find a way to solve this small annoyance.

Happy greetings
Bengt

See the announcement about a new version to test.

Tom