vista 64

is it possible to run weatherlink IP and Weatherdisplay with your software?

I am still having an issue with the IP logger. I want it to log on line as with the Weatherlink IP and still be able to use Weatherdisplay. I think the problem for me is within the Vista 64 bit architecture , that is when I run Wdisplay I have two issues, one for some reason the IP logger overheats and dies… That I think is that it keeps trying to send the data to the IP site for Weatherlink, and WD is tapping into that data, even if the com port is releasing it, that is it is sampling some of the data. The other being that if I run with a USB logger, I get all the problems of th USB logger issues elsewhere on the forum… again 64 bit drivers.

I believe that I have a specific issue other WD users are not experiencing. Other than using a 32 bit system and giving up on my RAM memory… which I don’t want to do, my options are either not run WD, other than to quickly copy data and exit the program or to use weatherlink exclusively.

Weatherlink has been running 24/7 with no system freezes or other issues, but it doesn’t have the functionality and class that weather display has…

so… will your software run on Vista 64 bit, home premium with the Weatherlink IP logger?

I have been running a test
having WD get the real time data from my Davis console with IP data logger
and having WD set to not release the com port every minute

still running OK after 48 hours
the IP data logger is not hot to touch or anything like that)
(Windows XP though, but I doubt vista 64 drivers would influence TCP/IP data much (but it could be your local LAN network/router that might be to blame)

the router is a netgear wpn311 if that is an issue.

Now when you have WD acquiring the data, is the data still going to the router and out to the Weatherlink IP site, or is it going into WDisplay solely?

I could run WD stationless to see what happens for a while, that is no data going anywhere, except what ever comes from the metar

since there is no way to turn t off it trying to update the davis site, it will be trying to do that, but cant, because WD is set to not release the port, in my test

that has not caused any probems