"Feels like" temperature on template

Given the current conditions shown on the main WD page shouldn’t the template “Feels like” temperature reflect the same number?

2008-11-15_093330.gif

2008-11-15_093435.gif

There is a line in the ajax that rounds off the temperature for “feelslike”.

feelslike = Math.round(convertTemp(feelslike)); set_ajax_obs("ajaxfeelslike",feelslike + uomTemp);

There’s a BIG difference between “Feels like” 45 and “feels like” 52.

Been a while since I felt like either :lol:

I belive the current “feels like” temp in your carterlake is based on temp and wind, not temp and hum. I might be wrong.

Arnt

The template does use %feelslike% in it’s display (based on temperature will display humidex or temperature or wind-chill). The AJAX version uses the same method.

The %apparenttemp% is not the same … it’s not used in the template set, and Brian would have to let us know what the algorithm is to set %apparenttemp%

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks Ken…maybe Brian will let you know the algorithm and it could be incorporated in the templates. :slight_smile:

I was under the impression that CA had different seasons than the rest of the country. Whereas our are Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter I thought CA seasons were Flood, Fire, Drought and Earthquake. :smiley:

Yeah, I though we were out of Fire and starting Flood/Mudslide but Fire isn’t over yet :frowning:

I have no idea what one feels when a wall of flame is advancing toward their home…but I can empathize to some degree having seen Mother Nature at her worst with the hurricanes. I fervently hope that the fires are extinguished very soon.