Now using Panasonic BL-C140A

Just upgraded to a new BL-C140A, replacing my dieing Logitech webcam. It’s a basic outdoor cam with no pan, tilt or zoom, perfect for my location. So far I’m quite happy with it.
http://azjerry.com/weather/wxwebcam.php

Nice clear picture, but the grass in your neighbourhood is a funny color!! :lol:

Looks good!

Can you get a static .jpg directly from the BL-C140A ?

Yes you can. AFAIK, most if not all Panasonic cameras have a set of CGI commands for accessing various functions. I’m using the static image for the main picture on my webcam page.

I just got a BL-C140A too, seems to be a very good buy :smiley: Much better image quality than my old DLink ones. Can be installed outside. Powered over the cat5 so only one wire to run. Plastic dome over the lens so it should be easy to clean. FTP’s a static image if that’s what you want (I do) but more interval selections would be nice (jumps from 1 min to 1 hour). I was worried that the fixed focus lens might not be suitable but it works just fine :thumbright:

You definitely have a better view than I do.

Only when it isn’t foggy :lol:

I like the picture that camera produces. They are pretty clear. Yes Niko that is a nice view that is for sure. Where I live if I lived out of town I could get some great shots.

Chuck

Very nice :slight_smile: Now if the Boss would only cut loose some change I could update :frowning:

Mark

I pre-spent some of my federal bail out money :lol:

Looks like money well spent…gives a very clear pic…

Yes, I’m impressed with the detail and the colors. That low light shot is very good! What image sizes are possible to use?

The shots above are 640 x 480 with the bottom edge cropped off, 320 x 240, 192 x 144 (weird but that’s what it says).

$176 shipped, pretty reasonable I think.

Thanks Niko.

A quick google suggests around 160 UKP inc tax, ex shipping, in the UK.

The “one wire” element is particularly appealing.

At IPX4 (i.e. protection from splashed water) if I put one up outside I think I’d want to give it at least a bit of extra protection. In my ideal location it would at times be right in the teeth of gales - but with IPX4, that protection could probably just be a very well ventilated box with a glass front (i.e. no need for fan or heater).

Given IPX4, it does seem a little odd that
http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/netwkcam/lineup/bl-c140/spec.html
should quote “Operating humidity 20% to 90% (no condensation)”, but very interesting nonetheless…

Thanks for sharing.

I’m looking for a replaement cam that uses POE. Due to the distance involved in the RV I can’t always put the 9000 in a good location, so having the ability to run one cat5 cable to the camera is a good thing. And I need to put it in an enclosure to wx proof it. Might have to sell my 9000 before SWMBO allows another purchase :slight_smile:

Whats the Night View mode like (proper dark not just low light)?
Also do you loose out on quality with the 10x zoom?

It only has “Color Night View”, but when it’s dark, it’s dark.

“If “Color Night View” is selected, Color Night View activates automatically when the camera image is dark, and the image becomes brighter. Note: When “Color Night View” is selected, the shutter speed is 1/30 s when Color Night View is not activated. When Color Night View activates, shutter speed decreases in order to brighten the image.”

I don’t see a zoom setting :?

vista 64 compatible?