StatWatch monitoring

I am using StartWatch to start an AutoIt executable file which starts GRLevel3 in the web publishing mode. Because the AutoIt executes then stops running StartWatch isn’t monitoring the actual GRLevel3.

Is there a way to run the AutoIt.exe then monitor the running GRLevel3?

–Dave

The only thing I can suggest is to have StartWatch start AutoIt, but not monitor it. Then have an entry for GRLevel3 set to start something like 30 seconds after AutoIt is started. In the StartWatch configuration for GRLevel3, check the box that says not to start a new copy if it’s already running. Since it should be running by the time StartWatch is triggered to start it, StartWatch should latch on to the instance that AutoIt started up.

Steve
SoftWx

Thanks, Steve. I’ll give that a try. Sounds as if it will work.

–Dave

Dave,

Is there a way and give me a hand to do the executable file that you are running. It would be appreciated.

Chuck

Sure thing. It’s actually pretty easy. In fact, when I get home I’ll look at the script and tell you what info I need and I’ll make the file and send it to you. Or I can just provide the link and you can do it yourself.

I think I found it on the GRLevelXstuff forum or maybe on the GRLevelX owners forum but can’t remember for sure.

–Dave

What does it do? I may be able to add that to StartWatch.

GRLevel3 will not start in the web publishing mode and author of the program is not receptive to the idea that many people are publishing their data and should at least be an option to retain the setting. (Brian has spoiled us. :slight_smile: ) You have to click several buttons in order for it to start publishing. AutoIt has a separate program which will convert a normal AutoIt file into an executable so you do not have to have AutoIt running all the time. The AutoIt .exe file runs, starts GRLevel3, ‘pushes the buttons’ and then exits leaving GRLevel3 running in the web publishing mode.

BTW, I did make the changes you mentioned above and it appears to work. At least it did when shutting down StartWatch w/o stopping the programs it started. It does try to start the AutoIt executable because it’s not being monitored using this method of shutting down. Haven’t tried a reboot to test fully.

–Dave

StartWatch can push buttons too (if I add a little code). It does it for putting WL into bulletin mode. If you email me the script, that may have enough information for me to make that change. Once I know the ids of the buttons to push, it only takes a few minutes to add the code.

Steve
SoftWx

E-mail sent.

–Dave

Steve,

Would it be better to just add the capability of “adding keystrokes” to any program that StartWatch runs? System Scheduler does this and it’s a very handy feature. It would save you changing the program each time something like this pops up.

http://www.splinterware.com/

• Jim

Funny you should mention it, because that’s just what I had in mind. This initial version though will be a very simple implementation of it.

Steve
SoftWx

This will be a great addition Steve. Thanks!

This would be Great, one of the members GRLevel3 forum made an executable file for me to use for the KBGM radar with AutoIt. Most of the time it works, unless another window pops up during startup process.