All Logitech Webcams and Recent MoBo Chipset Issues & Downloads

Mine has been giving Application errors and shutting the PC down for a restart at 2:12am, 3:12am and 5:12am (sometimes and not necessarily everytime) and I’m not sure whether it is this or an updating exe file or something that is missing, and it has only started recently and may be due to a recent LGTC software upgrade.

I have had various errors seen in the Event Viewer from:
Control Panel - Administrative tools - Event Viewer - Application.

It may well be worthwhile checking this link out…

This article covers troubleshooting USB chipset issues when using a Logitech Camera.

This article applies to the following products:
All Logitech USB Video Cameras

This article applies to these Operating Systems:
Windows XP
Windows 2000
Windows ME
Windows 98

This article provides information on problematic chipsets and offers steps on how to solve these related issues .

Symptoms:

This document is intended to address USB issues on specific chipsets that may be on your system… Such issues can be, but are not limited to, the following:

Camera displays a green, black or yellow image in the QuickCam

Download Latest Version Fixes Issues.

I have found the times I listed were relative to my Webcam Uploads to WeatherUnderground (unsure of the cause - perhaps FTP issue?) but at the restart I had a lot of Application errors of the webcam and sometimes it did not restart at all.

I then did an Uninstall using Control Panel - Remove/Add Programs and just chose the Webcam program itself and not the Messenger, And had downloaded a full 28MB version 11.8 from this link…

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/405/&cl=nz,en?prodcrid=405

where it allows you to select your particular camera type by image and name, and installed that - NOTE, unplug your USB cable and follow instructions.

All of my webcam issues disappeared after this upgrade.

Cheers

TokKiwi

Thats interesting, I have not seen anything like this with mine, glad you got it sorted
I think i will follow your instructions anyway to prevent it happening :slight_smile:

Thanks Graeme…