VPLive request and questions

First, thank you for creating VPLive. It works great on my slower mini-itx computer - good work.

I’m looking for a fast way to migrate my custom software from a OSWMR928 station to a VP2+ station but haven’t figured out yet how the vantagepro.dll works (using Visual Basic 6). Getting the data from the console is a great task for VPLive!

• Is it possible to send the data to a tcp port also, instead of writing it to the data.csv?
  • If I’d used the data.csv file, in which sequence are the parameters written (ie. date, pressure, outtemp,…)
  • Is the data.csv really being written every 2 seconds? It seems longer, but that’s no problem.

Thank you in advance for the answers.

Emping.

1. I’ve thought of writing a program (or adding the functionality into VirtualVP or VPLive) that serves data using a simple generic (not VP specific) interface via TCP/IP, but I simply haven’t had the available time to even get close to starting it.

2. data.csv format:
    ‘1.00’ (format version), yyyy, mm (month), dd, hh, mm (minutes), ss,
    vpWind10MinAvg, windSpeed, windDir, humidityIn, humidityOut,
    tempIn, tempOut, altimeterMADIS, rainYear, rainDay,
    0.0, 0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0,
    solar, vpWindChill, 0.0, 0.0, dewPoint, vpRainRatePerHour,
    0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0

Also note that this file is not a log. It always contains a single line
containing the most current data. It’s updated (overwritten) each time data
is received from the console. Note also that calculated altimeter is the pressure
value in the data.csv, not the SLP pressure the console displays. I think VPLive
used to be able to write out a clientraw.txt file too, but that was a long time
ago, and I think I pulled that out for some reason or other.

1. It should be written to each time a data packet (LOOP packet) is received from the console. That’s about every 2.5 seconds.

Steve
SoftWx