Help with weather station barometric pressure setup

#-o
Davis Vantage Pro 2
Help. I want to enter the best numbers in the setup so that I get the most meaningful data from the barometric pressure sensor. The setup screen displays three items - console reading, station elevation, and sea level barometer. Values can be entered for the elevation and sea level barometer. The console reading is fixed and cannot be edited.

This is what I have done. The closest weather station I can find on the internet is 12 miles from my location and 293 feet higher in elevation. I took the reported barometric pressure from the website and added a correction to account for the elevation difference. The factor I used was 0.00009 in Hg/ft. This is the best correction I could find looking around on the internet. The corrected pressure number is what I entered for sea level barometer. I took my station elevation from a topo map which is close to the elevation indicated by my GPS. Is this method correct? Thanks.

which software is this with?

Here is a site that might help you somewhat dealing with barometric pressure converstions.

http://taja.dynip.com/baropres.htm

Use Google Earth to find yourself on the planet, input the information from the altitude in meters, feet or however, you can also find your geographic coordinates this way, anyways punch in that information, uncorrected barometric pressure (raw untouched reading) and press convert.

Also there are several other converters on there. The FAA/USGS/NOAA/NWS all use this. If its good enough to land a 28 million dollar air craft, 1112 meters above sea level then i guess its good enough. They must adjust their aircraft to the barometric pressure of the station they are landing at. So imagine yourself the landing site (please dont put up landing lights) anyways the adjustments are very accurate, and have been right on with local news and weather sites located near me. Enjoy.