Wmv all day video files not being created

WD’s all day video is creating the mpg files, but has stopped creating and uploading the wmv files for last day and last hour. Last night it uploaded the date stamped file (with yesterday’s date) but it was a copy of the day video for a couple of days ago! This morning I have reset the webcam settings and started again, setting it all up, and ran the “Create all day video now”, but still no wmv file creation. There are no errors in the moviemaker log.

I do not have any problems here
note that its the separate moviemaker.exe and mpegtoflash.exe that creates the movie files, and those programs have not changed in a long time

Any ideas what the problem may be then, or what I could try?

I need to use the wmv because the mpegtoflash.exe crashes every time it runs! I have uninstalled and reinstalled WME 9. I have now setup the all day video to not create mpg, but to only create wmv “videolastday.wmv”. When I click the “create… now” button, it still creates the mpg file, but no wmv file, and the command line prompt does not start up.

With everything setup as it was before, i.e. create mpg and wmv files for “alldaymovie”, “videolasthour”, “videolastday” etc, and hit the “create… now” button, it creates the mpg file, and the command line prompt appears in the task bar for only about 1 second then closes. Then the FTP box appears in the task bar, and closes before it has uploaded anything, probably because there was no wmv file to upload!

I had this problem yesterday as well, but it did create and upload the time stamped “…dayvideo.wmv”, however, it contained the images from a few days ago, and to my knowledge, those images were no longer on my computer, or had been overwritten by the time stamp images from yesterday!

I’ve done a number of disable and reset settings in the “Current web cam image/main settings”, and a number of reboots, but I just can’t get the wmv file creation working again.