1-wire solar setup... *FIXED*

I moved WD to a new PC, and so far so good. Except for my solar sensor. I downloaded the maxim drivers and it sees my sensor. But i cant get WD to see it, this is what im getting…

stage 1 2310 OK
Re-searching for i-buttons…**
Searching for Weather station sensors
Re-searching for i-buttons…

In the maxim 1-wire driver setup, it gives me a ROM ID, Wouldnt the ROM ID be the same as my old PC i had WD on? And if so, couldnt i just type in that ID number into WD or does WD create a new number?

Thanks, Mark.

I did try and copy the old ROM ID to the new setup, and im still not getting a solar reading in WD.

You need to Exit-Save to shut WD down and restart, if that doesn’t work, then shut the PC down and restart - it may be an issue with your Com Port settings - they need the PC to be shut down usually after selecting the right com port/usb arrgt. Sometimes the big axe does wonders… :wink:

I’ll restart again. Ive changed a few things…hope for the best…lol…In the 1-wire setup in WD…its not outputting a ROM ID # like it has in the past. Its just posting this…

stage 1 2310 OK
Re-searching for i-buttons…**

**Searching for Weather station sensors
stage 1 2310 OK

As I said, its probably a com-port issue in the Windows System environment that WD is trying to educate. Good luck.

I dont think its Windows thing, cause ive tried all 4 USB ports and the Maxim driver sees the sensor. I try and put the ROM number it sees into WD but still nothing. Normally WD will output a ROM ID # in the 1 wire setup, but its not. Running 10.37L build 4…My old version it ran fine on was 10.37k build 20

Did you shut the PC down and restart?

is it a serial or usb 1 wire adaptor?
also try deleting the Ib*.* dll files from where wd is (if you have the latest 1 wire drivers installed)

omg :oops: …lol…Ty Brian…i totally forgot about removing them files. I’ll post an update after i do that and let ya know.

All fixed… WD gave the ROM ID…too bad its night time now…no solar…almost tempted to climb on the roof and put a flashlight by the sensor to make sure…lol Thanks again.

That’s good - I was forgetting about the dll’s causing a mixup… good luck for tomorrow then!! Labour Day…

try copying those dll files from your sytem32 folder to where WD installed
(the installer only installs those file to where WD is installed if they do no exist)

i have allready removed them from the WD folder. And when i re-booted WD, it did see my sensor like it did before on my old pc. So i guess the test will be tomorrow when daylight hits.