All Day Video Help

I a trying to get the “All Day Video” going. I have followed the WIKI instructions the best I could (out of date), but no luck. I am currently creating and uploading the tensecondvideo.swf and all is well with that. I have created a folder for these images and webcamimage is being created every minute, but not the time stamp one. The image upload is also OK. Attached are photos of the settings:

File.jpg

I knew that I was going to regret messing with this. :? Now the tensecondvideo is not working. It appears that the issue is the time stamped jpg are not being created. On the hour a videolasthour was made but it is empty. (4kb) How do I get the time stamped jpgs to save?

That’ll be in the webcamcapture program > File Save.

I have picture in my first post. What do I need to change?

Didn’t you have a thread recently where you were walked through the process? I couldn’t find it.

Sorry I missed that screen catcher. #-o
I can’t see anything on there that needs changed. I can’t see anything in any of your screenshots that would stop it working TBH.
I know you probably done it already but; have you closed WD & webcamcapture and allowed both to restart?

Yes I did the restart. I am wondering if something is corrupt. The last time I got the tensecondvideo going it was a woops? I don’t know what I did differently but it started working. :dontknow:

Any more ideas?

Can I reinstall just the webcamcapture, or do I need to reinstall the whole WD package?

On your “File save setup”, maybe you need to have the .gif file name entered, even though you aren’t using that? You can set it to not load via the last tick box on the time stamp setup. Also, on the All day video setup, the file name of the webcam image to use is set as “nonamestamp”, and should be the name of your webcame image…i.e. “webcamimage.jpg”. What have you got for “load/set the webcam image file…” on your “Current webcam image/main settings” setup?

I noticed that the was an update to WD. I deleted the webcamcapture and installed the new update. I had 2 errors on files that couldn’t be overwritten: Riched32.dll and wdxmlwaring.exe. So I deleted both files and reinstalled again. still no time stamp images! :frowning: Everything else is working fine though.

Cirrus,
I was typing as you posted. I will give it a try.

That got the tensecondvideo working! Cirrus, your my hero!

Now anyone got any ideas on the all day video? Or should I be happy with what I have?

The time stamp images are being put into a folder in the WD directory called alldayvideotenseconds and when the tensecondvideo is made, the time stamp images are deleted automatically. Next to that folder is another folder called alldayvideo. This has movies for the alldayvideo being made, but they empty due to there not being any time stamped pictures in that folder. Any ideas?

What have you got for “load/set the webcam image file…” on your “Current webcam image/main settings” setup? The file name that shows there should be: c:/Web Weather/Webcam/webcamimage.jpg, and your actual webcam image should be showing on that setup screen. If it’s not showing, and the file name is wrong continue reading:

This has always been a confusing issue, since that setup asks for a .gif file. But, it still will work with a .jpg, by overriding that. Click “load/set the webcam image file…”, and on the file save window use the dropdown on top to browse to the directory where your webcam image file is…i.e. “c:/Web Weather/Webcam/”. In the File Name box type in webcamimage.jpg Don’t worry about the .gif selector under that file name box. It does not matter. Now click “open”. The file save window should close, the “load/set the webcam image file…” should read: c:/Web Weather/Webcam/webcamimage.jpg, and your webcam image should start showing. Now check after a minute, and see if your Time Stamp files are now showing.

I had gotten rid of my webcam folder. #-o I will have to reinstate it though. My “Web Weather” folder is filling up with the time stamped images. I got to go for a few hours. Thanks,

When I get it set up the picture shows as you instructed. Then I click OK to close the window. When I reopen the window, the picture is not showing. Is that normal?