Custom Screen & Custom Images

I’ve already made a custom screen, and need to make another one in order to get around my remote webcam problems (long story…). Any how, I notice you can include custom image 1, 2, 3 & 4. At the moment they all display a WD banner. So how can I change them to display my own graphics?

In the custom screen area, right click in blank area and up top is a option to load a background pic. I cant remember the wording used in there. But you should see it.

It’s not the background pic I am reffering to but the Custom image 1, 2, 3, 4

right mouse click on that custom image after ticking to show it (by default it shows the WD banner)

Aha thanks!

Actualy Brian, I was trying to use a custom image with the background image set as the remote webcam image in order to get around this image capture problem I am having (bugs thread). Is there a way to save the customscreen file in a sub directory of webfiles directory, and can I use that customscreen file to generate time stamp files for the all day video feature?

no there is not

note that there is the ability to use the 3rd party web cam setup

Well Brian I seem to have got the time stamp files generating from my custom screen image! I setup WD webcam to create customscreen2.jpg in the webfiles folder, and turned file create off so that it doesn’t overwrite the original customscreen2.jpg. Now the time stamp files are being created from the original customscreen2.jpg file in the webfiles folder. I put a clock on customscreen2 and in the time stamp files the clock is shown to update every minute. So it definitely works. Also from a test I did earlier, the webcam image set as the customscreen background image, updates with each update of the customscreen file. I didn’t really want all the extra files in the webfiles folder, but oh well. At least it seems to be a functioning work around!

I would much prefer to use the WD webcam capture to do it as originally intended, and then save the files to a sub directory to try and keep my webfiles folder uncluttered, but perhaps this customscreen method may be better as I can use any custom tags on it.