Forecasticonmetar.gif

My forecasticonmetar.gif has stopped being uploaded to my web site for some reason. It is being updated in the webfiles folder, but is not getting uploaded. I’m using internet file creation and uploads with custom times. I have looked through all settings I can find, but can not get this file to start uploading again. Any ideas?

make sure you have ticked to use the metar for local sky conditions in the metar download in the ftp/internet setup setup and then make sure you have set times to create and set times to upload for the forecasticon in the customise internet and file creation setup

Hello Brian, the forecasticonmeta.gif is not listed on the net file creation and upload section. What would it be listed under?

as per my post make sure you set times to create and upload the forecasticon

(file #20)

Thanks. The file called “forecasticon” is a light grey image with the temperature on it in white (barely visible). I’ve never seen the point in that, so I have always used the forecasticonmeta file instead. Is the forecast file supposed to be like that? Seems a bit odd.

you have selected to show the temperature on the icon

no, its not supposed to be like that

use the latest .zip update instead which fixes that

OK I know you say to use the latest zip, but I was just wondering, if I download and install the full WD program, will I loose setting, data, web files or anything nasty like that? I have read the thread on upgrading, but it doesn’t say if it may overwrite or distroy anything. I am assuming it won’t, but would like to know for sure :wink:

no loss of data or settings
with the .zip update just make sure to unzip to where you have WD installed, and make sure WD is not running when you update its
same for the full install, just make sure to install to the same location and make sure WD is not running