Comm Port Problem? Help Please

I am having what I thougt to be a Comm port problem.
I have a Peet Ult-500 with .1 rain guage.

Everything worked fine for a while but I noticed I was not getting rain guage readings that the display was showing.
Now I have lost what appears to be all data from the display. The main screen shows “COM OK #2” and when I try a unused Comm port it says the same thing and can’t be getting any data. I did the “Disconnect for 5 Min” and it reconnected as it should but still no readings.
The Peet Data logger program I have, worked as it always did when I tried it, so I know the computer is getting data.

In the order as it was noticed:
Rain guage problems.
Wind speed and direction went to North and Zero and stayed there.
Outside Temp froze at 38 degrees. (I assume what it was when this started)
Temp has gone to a high extreme but is now at 0.2 Degrees.

I could be overlooking something in the setting I have Ticked in error but I have been looking all morning and sure could use some help.
I have turned off the Metar Download. and all the FTP programs in fear that I did something that was effecting it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

check list:
is the data recieved light flashing?
is the correct weather station type, and ultimeter data type, setup correct?
if so, then under setup, general and misc, email me the file rawultimeterdata.txt

Brian,

I can not find a “rawultimeterdata.txt” file. I will continue looking for it.

After reading a old post that was having a simular problem, I deleted:
latest.inf
latestindoor.inf
graphdata.inf
graphdata2.inf
graphdata3.inf
24hourrain.inf
When I restarted I had a 58 Deg temp that was high and it has stayed there until last time when it went to 102.

Check List:
Data Light is Green Not Flashing
Weather Station type is Ultimeter 100-800
Under Ultimeter setup Long Length Data is Checked
Also I Have A Rain Gauge-Yes- and 0.1

As far as the “rawultimeterdata.txt” file under Setup-general, all I can find is “Log the raw Ultimeter Data (for Beta testing Only)” and it is checked NO.

I hope I have answered all you requested.

Thank You!!!

Data Light is Green Not Flashing

that means either you have the wrong com port selected, or some other program is using the com port, or you have WD set as client mode, and it will say client, com port disconnected across the top of the program

Weather Station type is Ultimeter 100-800
Under Ultimeter setup Long Length Data is Checked
Also I Have A Rain Gauge-Yes- and 0.1

As far as the “rawultimeterdata.txt” file under Setup-general, all I can find is “Log the raw Ultimeter Data (for Beta testing Only)” and it is checked NO.
you need to set this to yes

Brian,

I have verified the proper Com port (2) with “Test Port” that comes with the Peet Logger. Do you know of a way to be sure that I don’t have another program trying to use it?
Keep in mind everything was working fine until I started making changes to get the rain gauge to reading and when I launch the Peet Logger it still is working but WD had been running for several weeks before I had any problems.
There are some very small numbers by the Data Light. Do they mean anything?

Any chance that I have a corrupted file? Can I reload WD in a attempt to get it running?

what does it say across the top of the program?
any errors under view, program error log?

Across Top:
“Weather display Ver 9.97c Registered-Ultimeter II Comm Port OK”

I switched to Comm 1 on my computer with the same results. Solid green data light, erratic readings like 3250 wind speed.

The Program Error log is blank, no text and I had to exit WD program to get out of it.

thats your clue
you need to change the weather station type from a ultimeter II to a ultimeter 100-800

Wish that was the case. Not sure how I did that, but I have been using the
ultimeter 100-800 setting until apparently the last time.
It did drop some of the erratic reading but still no data.

Does the 4th Ultimeter setting effect all the Peet units or only the Ultimeter II? I assume the short-med-long data length is set correctly when set to long?

the ultimeter II is a very Old ultimeter station,and is very different in terms of data output to the PC, and its data length is fixed
the data length becomes important in the latest ultimeter stations, depending on the sensors you have connected…
if you can get data arriving (i.e the data received light flashes), then half the battle is won
also check the data mode on the ultimeter station

Brian,

I am getting the proper readings now! I had to change the Data Mode on the U-500 from a “Complete Record Mode” to “Data Logging Mode”. It may have gotten changed in an attempt to get the rain guage reading correct.
Just for your information, the data light is still not flashing, and I can’t remember it ever doing so.

I would like to Thank You for your patience in helping me get this going.
It is one Great program! You can’t believe how many dollars I have spent in software in the past, and don’t even get a reply to my emails!
I talk to a lot of people through Emergency Management, Weather Watching and Ham Radio, and you and your software will be highly recommended to all!!! Keep up the good work!

Have a Happy New Year!
IrvCo