9.99w - Irregularity with outside temperature

Irregularities have been experienced with the past three beta versions in that the outside temperature reading is at least 11 degrees Celsius below that being successfully received from the metar (YSSY Sydney Airport). I am operating WD with Windows XP / stationless. Prior to this everythings has bee operating beautifully.

Trust you had a great Christmas break and best wishes for the New Year.

Surfside

ah, i know what i changed
i will fix
sorry about that
i wonderred if this might of happened after what i changed
thanks for letting me know

Thanks for the response. I will load the next release when it is posted. WD is working just great and thanks for your dedicated support. Donot forget to spends some more quality time with your family.

a new zip 9.99x should be ready to download soon
it should fix it

:wink:

9.99x has been loaded but the problem persists. The temperature has gradually decreased from 27 to 1.9 degrees C over approx. 2 hours. The metar is still being received successfully and shows the correct temperature.

Happy New Year!
Surfside

9.99x has been loaded but the problem persists. The temperature has gradually decreased from 27 to 1.9 degrees C over approx. 2 hours. The metar is still being received successfully and shows the correct temperature.

Happy New Year!
Surfside

humm
i am pretty sure i re implemented the change i took out…
try downloading 9.99x again
i will do some testing too…

9.99y has been successfully downloaded . Temperature initially read 25C, that showning on the metar. It then dropped to 1.3 and is now varying between 5 and 6. When the metar update is received it flashes to the correct temperature then displays 5 again. Downloaded 9.99y again with the same results. Any suggestions?

Surfside

9.99y has been successfully downloaded . Temperature initially read 25C, that showning on the metar. It then dropped to 1.3 and is now varying between 5 and 6. When the metar update is received it flashes to the correct temperature then displays 5 again. Downloaded 9.99y again with the same results. Any suggestions?

Surfside

humm
ok, email me your settings so I can duplicate
i.e
wdisplay.ini from c:\windows or c:\winnt
and then go to action, back up registry
then click on back up now
then email me the file wdisplayftp.reg from the folder databackup

i am running it in metar update mode now, so far its ok
are you refereing to the temperature on the main screen text number or the temperature line on the graph?

Could you please tell me your email, ini file is too long to post on forum.

The WD external temperature reading has climbed to 11 as shown on WD display and graph, (actual in 20s).

(Apologies for the double entry prior to this, my submit has the stutters.)

its
[email protected]
:wink:

As a test, I have been running stationless for about 2 hours using the Sydney metar for updates and all is well here using ver 9.99y on my XP PC.
19C on both the graph and display. I’m not sure how often they update their data since the metar I keep getting is from 1800z and it is now 2200z. Therefore I have straight lines for all readings but nothing has risen nor fallen with regards to the outside temp.

yup
but something has come adrift…somewhere, with surfsides setup me thinks…
once i get the setting, i will try and duplicate

Thanks for testing YSSY. The WD outside temperature display is gradually rising, it is now at 16C. The metar display appears to be correct so somewhere between those downloads and WD’s display things go astray. WD has been working beautifully for me up until approx. 9.99t. I realise it is the beta version and need to accept some ironing out of bugs. It is just that I like having WD working well.

Thanks
Surfside

hi
if you could email me your settings, then I can try and duplicate and fix
[email protected]

the files
wdisplay.ini from c:\windows or c\winnt
and wdisplayftp.reg
from the folder databackup
(to get that file, go action, back up registry entries, then click on back up now)
thanks

hi
if you could email me your settings, then I can try and duplicate and fix
[email protected]

the files
wdisplay.ini from c:\windows or c\winnt
and wdisplayftp.reg
from the folder databackup
(to get that file, go action, back up registry entries, then click on back up now)
thanks

yup but something has come adrift...somewhere, with surfsides setup me thinks... once i get the setting, i will try and duplicate

I think your right, Brian. Been running stationless using only Sydney’s metar for over 3 hours here and all is OK. Dials, data , graphs and trends all fine.

WOW 23C (73F)! I won’t see that temperature here till April. :frowning:

9.99z has been downloaded and is working beautifully. Apologies for the self created problem - WD is a really great program with any problems I experience being self created. Brian, you do a wonderful job of support.

Thanks again
Surfside

you are 2 kind, as it was a bug that showed up under certain sequence of events that we found too!

i am going to try and brave some surfing on the west coast here today,with a mate of mine, but its likely to be pretty messy with a 2.5m swell