Changing Station and Location

In 2 weeks time I am moving to a new home 1.4km down the road, the new home has denser bush and trees and lower to sea level, I will also be swapping out my ws3600 for my new cabled VP2. So hopefully will not have too many issues setting up the new station :slight_smile:

I think you will be impressed with the vp2…good luck on the move…

Thanks Dan :wink:

It will be interesting to see what differences you notice, Tony, in temps and wind, and what you see between the two devices.

Yes it will be, I am going to buy a longer boom for the station and then use a cherry picker to install on the highest location I can on my new house.

I went from a WMR-200 to the VP2 Plus and even if it was five times as much money it was certainly worth it. :slight_smile:

I am currently getting things together to get a Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus cabled. Where did you obtain yours local or overseas and may I ask what you ended up paying

I purchased from overseas at weather buffs $900US with weather link package and serial connection. I am looking forward to replace my current station

Hi

Did you get it couriered over and did you have to pay any tax’s ?

Just curious as I am looking at bringing one in to the country myself some time in the future.

Gary

Yes had to pay gst and a small import tax, landed cost me $1120, worked out a saving of about $900

I finally have my cabled vp2 in place, just as couple of questions regarding disconnecting my la crosse and WD

Do I need to make any changes to WD before disconnecting and shutting down?
Do I make the changes to WD regarding station type etc before shut down of after I start up with the VP2?

it will not matter which way you do it
if you do it after restart, then set the station type to a VP, tick the needed baud rate (i.e default 19200), and make sure the com port number is set correct and then restart WD

Ok I will make the changes before I restart

Thanks Brian

did you get a usb or serial data logger?

a serial logger

good

Good choice!

Thanks, after reading the forum it sounded like the best choice

A question on firmware, in control panel- weather station type selection is a Davis VP setting " I have a VP2 with updated firmware (feb 2006), this is unchecked at the moment as I am not sure what version I have, how do I check this?

since its 2008 now I would resume its post 2006 firmware