2 Day Thunder storm...

For the last 2 days, us In Pacific Northwest have been getting hammered with Severe Thunderstorms. Just yesterday the Nation Weather Service posted 4 Severe Thunder Storm Warnings.

Nearly 2,700 Lightning Bolts Strike Washington State and Oregon In Two Days

And start 212 fires.

080703_thunder_storm_2.jpg

lightning-8.jpg

080703_Rainier_lightning.jpg

We haven’t seen much down here around Olympia, but had small amount of rain.

Last night at about 1am got pretty bad. I seen 1 bolt come down and about 10 secs later our power was out. Was out for about 4 hours. That was the worst thunder storm ive seen here in about 10 years. Was very impressive and fun to watch.

Boy you guys got hit pretty hard Thursday. I heard on the News around 3k strikes. That Rainier picture is pretty cool!

As far as fire goes, we’re doing pretty well on the west side of the cascades but I’d shudder to think of that much lightning on the east side. My Nephew said it was 106 F. Tuesday and they were staying inside to keep cool.

great photos :slight_smile:

A few pics that got submited to our local news station from a thunder storm that came through early this morning.

HPIM7282.jpg

lightning-10.jpg

Really great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

:slight_smile:
Yes, early this morning there was some seriously loud thunder claps. Thank you very much for sharing the pictures, they’re awesome!!!