How do I edit html templates?

I went into webfiles to edit the datahtml 0, 1, 2, 3 files, but datahtml1 is already populated with data rather than with tags or data placeholders. So how do I edit the whole change wording, design, styles and add content to the html files - which templates do I need to edit?

I found a file could sample…html something, that had tags in it. I’d like to make something similar, but how do I use my own html as a template like that?

Thanks

I think if you go [Control Panel] - [Customise Web Page] or something like that, you can say copy the source code from your web page and then paste into there and try altering and adding your own custoim tags in which ever order and whatever color.

Have you tried in Setup, I think there is a Customise Web page wizard there too - not sure, I’m at work.

Graeme

See if this FAQ helps…
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/73431

-Bob

You cannot change datahtm1, only 0,2,3.

But Niko, you can create a totally new customised web page without the WD table but with your own created table in Customised Web Page Setup. Ie you don’t use any of the datahtm0, -1, -2, -3 pages, from what I am led to believe using the method proposed, but yes I agree with you, using the check boxes on Web Files / Web Page setup - the primary tab, you can edit datahtm0, -2, -3 only. Datahtm1.txt page is only for the WD created table of parsed custom tags and it cannot be edited as it will get overwritten the next time around.

Graeme

Sure you can create anything with tags, there used to be an example somewhere of a custom tag based version of the default page. I was just responding to the comment in the original post “I went into webfiles to edit the datahtml 0, 1, 2, 3 files, but datahtml1 is already populated with data rather than with tags”. I should have quoted it, sorry for any confusion, I wasn’t responding to your post.

Ok - no worries there Niko… I have never tried that customise web page feature, and somewhere in the wdisplay folder is a sample web page setup that i think you are talking about. I think it might even be called customexample.htm or something.

Graeme

Coincidentally Dan just posted a tag file that includes an enhanced version of the table in this thread.

Thanks guys. Still having problems. All I want to do is create the html in DreamWeaver, insert tags, and have that page instead of the default one uploaded to my server evry 30mins as index.php

So far I have made a rough html page, and saved it as wxlocal.php in the webfiles folder. From the control panel I go to Web files/web page/realtime ftp/wdl then Custom Web Page - turn that on, click test, and wx.php is uploaded to my server. Fine.

1. How do I get wx.php’s tags data updated every 30 mins? - it currently doesn’t update - the WD default page does.
  2. How can I change the name of it to index.php to replace the WD default web page which is currently named index.php?

Thanks

Your best bet would be to use Internet File Creation and Uploads…

First wxlocal.php has to be named wxlocal.html in your WD webfiles folder for WD to see that properly and update it.

Then when you set Create and Upload times in Internet Fil Creation and upload you can set the file to be renamed as index.php when uploaded.

-Bob

Hi Bob,
I have tried renamed wxlocal.php to wxlocal.html, but that makes no difference. Added custom create and upload times now, for every 30 mins. Still not working though. Can’t see where to change the name of wx.php either. Also now a screenshot seems to be taken evry minute even though I have set the file creat times to 30Mins.

What am I missing here? There doesn’t seem to be much info about this.

wxlocal.html will turn into wx.html by WD and that is what you need to set to create and upload, create and upload are two steps in Internet File Creation and Upload and in the Upload settings box at the top is a box named “Remote file name” that is where you would set wx.html to change to index.php.

However another way is to let WD create and upload the files in their default named state and simply include them in your PHP pages which allows you to build the pages around the content.

-Bob

See this FAQ:
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/50802

-Bob

Hi Bob, I understand all of that, and have done that. However, my wxlocal.html file with tags, is not being updated correctly. I.e. the information for the tags such as %time% are not being updated with the latest data. The time tag for instance is still reading 20.16 pm, yet I have used “Create File Now” and “Upload File Now” many times since 20:16. The file is being uploaded to the server as wx.php just fine, but with the old data!

Also in Internet File Creation & Upload… I have set a new name “index.php” for this file, but it’s still being uploaded to my server as wx.php. Sure I could include it with php, but I just want to get it working as it should work for now.

I have followed instructions and FAQs already, which is why I am asking for help in this thread.
Thanks

Is your wx.html being updated correctly in your webfiles directory? You need to check that first, ie. let’s make sure it is being created on the schedule you set.

Thanks Dan. No wx.php is not being updated in the webfiles folder at all for the schedual that has been set. Also clicking “Create This File Now” does not update it. Another strange thing that’s happening is that although wxlocal.html is the only file setup with a custom schedule set at every 30 mins, the system is getting bogged down every 60secs because WD seems to be taking a screen capture. There are no file updates set for a 60sec schedual! If I switch off “Customise Internet And File Creation Setup” it stops the screen captures from taking place!

When did you last shut down WD Save & Exit and then restart it? Some errors can disappear esp if you have been changing settings, if you give it a new restart. Try That.

Graeme

make sure the main switch is on in the connections setup in the ftp/internet setup and then override switch is on in the customise internet and file creation setup and the switches are on for the create and upload times and you have times set to create and upload
also turn the custom web page switch on in the webfiles/web page setup, custom web page setup

OK firstly I changed the wxlocal.html to wxlocal.php, and now it updates! I also found out that my CPU was maxing out, so I rebooted, and WD’s FTP system was running several instances that were crashed. It now uploads as index.php! So that seems to be sorted.

Now I have another problem. In custom file creation and uploads, I want to set all files to be built one minute before they are uploaded. I read that you can set one up, save it, and then load those settings for the other files. I tried that, and it seems to load the whole file information from the first file as well as the creation and upload times. So it seems I would just end up with all the files being the same. That can’t be right can it? You get a preview of the file on the right, and when you load the time settings from another file, the preview changes to that file! I cancelled out of that as it looked like it was going to end up screwed, but it seems to have saved it any way. Can I get the files back to original? Or is it just a glitch, and won’t actually swap the files?

Thanks all for your help - I’m getting there!

sounds like you had set to use .php instead of .html or you had set up the special file conversion