weathercond

From testtags.php:

$weathercond = ‘Dry’;

My main webpage always says dry…I assume this is being set from metar. Strange thing is the wdconsole shows a different sky condition, and dry really isn’t a sky condition. I assume it’s a wrong setting in WD that is causing the problem but I am at a loss as to where I should be looking.

I think its the same as the default “5” for #48 in the clientraw.txt file. Mine did not alter even for rain recently, yet the next tag is the word one and that one duplicates the weather condition. Oh mine did change for FOG. I do not have a solar sensor or Metar which would otherwise change that I think.

Graeme

Currently the main screen on WD shows Sunny. The index page on my Carterlake template set(newest) is Sunny, but the condition/description next to it says “Overcast & Gloomy”. Its been this way all day with not a cloud in the sky. Seems like its stuck on that condition wording. Parser says clientraw 48-Sunny 49-Overcast & Gloomy. Not using any solar sensors so that’s turned off.

Mine, 48 is sunny and 49 is dry. The metar is reporting clear. I have no idea where the dry is coming from…

Add: The metar in use:

Roseburg, Roseburg Regional Airport, OR, United States (KRBG) 43-14-02N 123-21-22W 154M
Jun 20, 2008 - 03:53 PM EDT / 2008.06.20 1953 UTC
Wind: from the WSW (250 degrees) at 3 MPH (3 KT):0
Visibility: 10 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: clear
Temperature: 82.9 F (28.3 C)
Dew Point: 46.0 F (7.8 C)
Relative Humidity: 27%
Pressure (altimeter): 29.98 in. Hg (1015 hPa)
ob: KRBG 201953Z AUTO 25003KT 10SM CLR 28/08 A2998 RMK AO2 SLP150 T02830078
cycle: 20

Add2: Strange, it shows clear on the webpage when I reload the page, but then switched back to dry at the first update…investigating…

I just double checked my metar information for Doylestown Airport ¶,Sky condition: Clear.

Still Overcast, Gloory and Dry on my site using the metar listed above.

Now I get this:

048 Icon Type Z 0 (Sunny)
049 Weather Desc L Dry

Roseburg, Roseburg Regional Airport, OR, United States (KRBG) 43-14-02N 123-21-22W 154M
Jun 20, 2008 - 08:53 PM EDT / 2008.06.21 0053 UTC
Wind: from the NNW (340 degrees) at 6 MPH (5 KT):0
Visibility: 10 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: clear
Temperature: 91.0 F (32.8 C)
Dew Point: 39.0 F (3.9 C)
Relative Humidity: 16%
Pressure (altimeter): 29.91 in. Hg (1012 hPa)
ob: KRBG 210053Z AUTO 34005KT 10SM CLR 33/04 A2991 RMK AO2 SLP124 T03280039
cycle: 1

warwickpaweather, if you have solar sensor, then make sure you tick, use the solar to set the icon, in the solar setup

aslo, note that Dan is using the Mac version
which does not have all the latest changes/updates to this particular section of WD
(I will look at doing that)

Ok, thanks for that…

Hi Windy…no solar sensors being used with my VP2…1st thing this morning my current conditions on the Carterlake template set I use showed Dry, Dawn…(and there is not a cloud in the sky)…after about 5 minutes of the index page being on my screen, the current conditions wording went from Dry, Dawn to Overcast, Gloomy, still not a cloud in the sky. Metar reading from the location I use shows the sky condition to be clear.

if you could .zip and email me your settings files (see the FAQ), I will see whats going, with your settings combination
(tomorrow…its late in the day here now)

Ok…I’ll get them off to you shortly. Thanks.

i do see one problem already with your settings
you have ticked that its a ASOS/SYNOP metar in the metar download setup

that should not be ticked

anyway, after the metar has downloaded, which reports its clear
the wd icon is set to sunny
and the %currentsolardescription% custom tag shows clear

which custom tag or data position in the clientraw.txt file is not working correct?

i shifted the pc times to go from nighttime, then to dawn and then to afternoon
the main screen icon works correctly, with your settings, through those time periods, with the latest version of wd
and so does the solar description

Hi

Rigtht now my current condition icon shows dayrain - but its not raining. The metar says “Mostly cloudy” - and the weather description its “dry”

Im confused - what controls the current condition icon in clientraw file #48 - I have no solar - where can I change the setup, to get the correct current conditions icon.

Im using the Carterlake php/ajax templates.

#-o
strandvejr

Hi strandvejr

did you ever find out what controls the current condition icon?

The source of what controls the currentcondition icon is still a mystery. And it seems we’re all having the same problem. Yesterday, for example, my area was experiencing a thunderstorm. When I checked my webpage, it briefly displayed overcast with lightning reported, but then quickly switched over to dry. It never did chance to anything other than dry.

Yes, I did this:

In the summary image/icons setup:

Try untick: Use the WM918/etc…

in the Summary icon screen… and Main screen icon screen…

and now my condition icons are showing right

best

strandvejr

The weather conditions hasn’t worked for me for a while and I managed to totally lose any icon at all so now I have a new icon for the main screen that never changes. :smiley: :smiley:

I feel your pain…lot’s of reports on this problem but no solution. I worked with Brian on this problem with the MacWD version and managed to get the icon showing correct but the text next to it is usually something/dry. I use a metar for sky conditions here.

something/dry??? unless it’s raining, isn’t everything dry?