Vaisala WXT510, I have one here on loan :)

Lucky me :slight_smile:
Wish it was mine.
Sure is nice.
1 second updates into WD
(and I have fixed a few things up in WD, like I was not handling the default knots speed, and I was also rounding the raw value (silly me) (sure makes it easier when you have the hardware here)
I had a couple of Vaisala reps from Australia come and visit the other day and they have lent me a WXT510 station for testing.
Lucky me :laughing3: :mrgreen:

Now there’s a REAL weather station :lol:

Yeah clever stuff - no moving parts and its compact! Ultrasonic wind speed and direction measurement, sonic dome rain drop size and counter - distinguishes between hail and rain and drizzle, doesn’t have a solar cell though and that is an available add-on I believe. Can you have it for next week with the winter weather coming?

yup, WD can handle the hail duration,intensity, peak and accumulation data it sends out too :slight_smile:
also they have an update out (any day now) where it can handle an analog input (and WD can handle that value too :slight_smile: )

congratulations… you are doing a great service.

and it is cheap… sure 3850$ but then again… it sure is nice.

for people who do not know what a WXT510 is:
http://www.vaisala.com/instruments/products/weathermulti-sensor
:wink:

Brian,

How does the temp sensor compare with a VP with FARS as it doesn’t appear to have any method to move stale air…

-Bob

ah, I just have it sitting on the floor in my office at the moment, LOL…they only provided a short data lead…(I have it running on just a 9v battery at the moment)

Wow, Brian gets to play with all the neat toys. :smiley:

Yeah I was concerned about that too Bob, you would think that it would be easy for them to add a 6V fan inside there to push air out and rotate it.

I have the linux version working with it as well, just getting the mac version to as well…thought might as well

its a well venitlated system, i.e not very far inside to the sensor from the outside…

I would love to have one for the RV, but the price, ouch…

Only a few tanks of gas Dan #-o

its the weirdest thing to blow across 3 prongs and see the windspeed increase in WD…

What’s the highest gust? :smiley:

because its not a uniform wind field by blowing across it…only a couple of kts is all I can get …LOL

i want one :smiley: