SoftWx online store

I’m using an online store now to handle software registrations. This allows me to offer Google Checkout in addition to PayPal. Please forgive any rough edges, as I’ve just recently set this up.

http://shop.softwx.com/Software_c_3.html

I see the low power pcs are available also! Looking good for the 24/7 crowd. Have you tested any weather satation software (WD) with the systems?

–Dave

The one that’s available now, the WxPC G, is what I’m using currently for my dedicated weather PC. It’s been running for a few months with no hiccups, and no reboots. VirtualVP shows 73 days uptime right now. It’s running StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, and WeatherLink. It still has about 100MB free (and that’s with virtual memory turned off, so that’s actual free memory). I’m going to be setting it up to handle my weather cam too as soon as I get some time. I’ve also had PC-Wetterstation running on it during much of the time it’s been up. Weather Display will run on it, but only if you use the minimum feature set. WD requires a fair bit of RAM, and I think the 256 MB is not sufficient to do it justice. The WxPC V should be able to handle WD ok, especially the 1GB version.

Running Windows, they should be able to run any windows program within the limitations of processor and RAM.

Steve
SoftWx

Any estimate on the V model availability?

–Dave

ETA on that is last week of June / first week of July.