Usb data loger and w.d

HI

I bought new data logger (weather link) with connection usb.

I did almost every thing that it’s possible, but w.d is not able to read the data.

There’s no possibilty to withdraw a version of software that supports that form is simple in usb?

thanks
tamir.

its most likely that you ran weather link 5.8, which set the usb data logger to usbexpress mode
there is a FAQ in the WD forum about this, and what needs to be done
(basicly you need to download a program from the davis web site to set the data logger back to usb to serial mode)

i make installation the " CP210X_USB_Serial_Converter_ver2.exe ", but nothing heppen.

maybe i need installation early version o f weather link( 5.7.1) ?

make sure you install and run from where Wlink is installed already

there was another person just today too who went through the same process and got it to work

from ambiant weather I did everything that needs but this does not work

[color=red]
Solution
If you have already installed WeatherLink 5.8 and selected the USB communication option (from the Setup | Communications Port… window), you must remove and reinstall WeatherLink 5.8.

To remove WeatherLink 5.8, select Add / Remove programs in Windows and unintstall WeatherLink 5.8.
Reinstall WeatherLink 5.8, but do not restart the program at this point. To download the latest version of WeatherLink, please visit:
http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/software_sftwr.asp

Note: If you have already installed the USB to UART bridge version 5.1 (next step), a pop-up box during WeatherLink installation will inform you that 5.1 is installed and to use add/remove programs to remove it

have you then checked what com port is assigned as the USB to serial and set to use that?
(e.g might be com 3 or com 4)
(also its recommended by many to have purchased a serial data logger (and then get a good quality USB to serial adaptor or PCI serial card if no serial port on your pc)

how i check what com port is assigned as the USB to serial ?

thanks

windows device manager

After hours of experience now this is worker :lol: :smiley: :slight_smile:

but… Part of the parameters do not update in my website(Humidity,Barometer). #-o

in w.d it o.k . i work with ajaxhtml.