"Feels Like" Temp.

I think the “Feels Like” is currently using the humidex. How do I change it to use the heatindex? I thought I had it last night, but it is reading 107F now and the heatindex in WDL is reading 96F.

It’s true, the ‘ajaxfeelslike’ temp is using Humidex. You can change it to using Heat Index by changing ajaxWDwx.js

// FeelsLike
		temp = clientraw[4]; // note.. temp in C
        if (temp <= 16.0 ) {
		  feelslike = clientraw[44]; //use WindChill
		} else if (temp >=27.0) {
		  feelslike = clientraw[45]; //use Humidex
		} else {
		  feelslike = temp;   // use temperature
		}
		feelslike  = Math.round(convertTemp(feelslike));
        set_ajax_obs("ajaxfeelslike",feelslike + uomTemp);

to

// FeelsLike
		temp = clientraw[4]; // note.. temp in C
        if (temp <= 16.0 ) {
		  feelslike = clientraw[44]; //use WindChill
		} else if (temp >=27.0) {
		  feelslike = clientraw[112]; //use Heat Index
		} else {
		  feelslike = temp;   // use temperature
		}
		feelslike  = Math.round(convertTemp(feelslike));
        set_ajax_obs("ajaxfeelslike",feelslike + uomTemp);

Best regards,
Ken

That looks like what I did last night and it worked. I will try again tonight.
Thanks for the reply

drobbins: Thanks for asking the question. Now that it’s hot & humid in the east I noticed the humidex values seemed too high and wanted to use the heat index value also.

Ken: Thanks for the quick fix, it would have taken me all day to find it!

Ken - Perry Hall Md

Thanks for asking/answering Guys, I was wonderign about that myself this weekend. Changed it to heat index.

I’ve changed mine as well. It seems that the “heat color word” is not working though…it appears as —. Any ideas?

It seems that the "heat color word" is not working though......it appears as ---. Any ideas?

Are you uploading file #15?

Jack

Jack,

Sorry, but what is file#15?

Michael

To get the %heatcolourword% produced by WD, you have to enable:

Control Panel, Web Files/Web Page, Gizmo/Conditions colour setup TAB

Tick: Produce and upload a small animate current conditions gizmo and conditionscolour.jpg

Tick: Show conditionscolour.jpg

You can use the ‘Set thresholds for the conditionscolour.jpg’ button to see what it’s doing.

Press OK to save it, and on the next upload the %heatcolourword% should be processed by WD.

Jack’s refering to file#15 in the Internet File Creation, Setup page#1 TAB

If you have enabled it creation as above, you shouldn’t have to fiddle with the file#15 setting … we just want WD to generate the value and the %heatcolourword% for it.

Best regards,
Ken

Hi Ken,

I did everything you mentioned and am now getting the word but not the colored background. I have the conditionscolor.jpg in my directory and it appears to be accurate to the condition. Is there something I’m missing?

Thanks,
Michael

Michael, It looks like your copy of ajaxWDwx.js is damaged … it stops with

Error: missing catch or finally after try Source File: http://69.143.90.55/webfiles/ajaxWDwx.js Line: 869, Column: 2 Source Code: } // END if (x.readyState == 4 && x.status == 200)
so I'd download a new copy (http://saratoga-weather.org/template/WD-USA/ajaxWDwx.js ), customize it for location of your clientraw.txt and upload to your website.

You’re not seeing the conditions color update (nor anything else) because the script is halting.

Best regards,
Ken

Ken,

Updated and all works again, including the heatcolorword. Thanks for the help.

Michael

Hello, Ken,

I am having just the same problem,i fixed and ticked everything as i should be,but no heatcolourword (the colour around it that is) ??
Greetings
www.akker.be/car/index.php

Looks like I have the same issue, the word is there but no color around it…

Hi! You have the markup placed correctly in your ajax-dashboard.
The reason you’re not seeing the change is your version of ajaxWDwx.js doesn’t include the heatcolorword code.
Download http://saratoga-weather.org/template/WD-World/ajaxWDwx.js and customize it for your settings, then upload it to your site and the heatcolorword should work fine.

BTW… I’ve added your site to the list of WD/AJAX/PHP sites too :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ken

Dan, you’ll need to do two updates:
First, download the V2.16 ajaxWDwx.js from http://saratoga-weather.org/template/WD-USA/ajaxWDwx.js, customize it and upload it.

Second: edit ajax-dashboard.php and change

<?php  echo $heatcolourword; ?>

to

<span class="ajax" id="ajaxheatcolorword"><?php  echo $heatcolourword; ?></span>

That should fix the problem :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Ken

Ken,

Thanks,i got it working but not in the way you told me 8O(very awkward<==?) i had changed the warm,comfortable and so on words in Dutch,i downloaded the template,but a changed again the English in Dutch and then the light shined upon me :),i leaved the words in English and–> Voila,it works? Perhaps something to share with the others,or was that just plain stupid of me ??

Thanks anyway, glad you like the site,where is the link so i can put it on my site again…

Now back to my fight with the WXgraphic-thing,i am figuring thaone out no,at this time still getting a zillion parse errors…

Thanks Ken, worked like a champ.

Hi

I have tried all I could to make the heatcolorword to work. Following the instructions below:

Tick: Produce and upload a small animate current conditions gizmo and conditionscolour.jpg
Tick: Show conditionscolour.jpg
You can use the ‘Set thresholds for the conditionscolour.jpg’ button to see what it’s doing. (set)

I was able to get the corresponding word (ML works fine), but no background color. I checked the ajaxWDws.js and dashboard.php, not maybe I’m missing something here still.

BR - Timo
http://dhost.info/timokii/saa/index.php