Hurricane Season-An Early Look (LA NINA)

The LaNina pattern the last few months has been getting weaker and weaker. This could signal the slow end to La Nina and maybe a start to El Nino by the end of the year. The El Nino start is a long shot so I would want to focus more on the LaNina fading pattern for hurricane outlook.

The Hurricane season officially starts June 1 but with this type of pattern I do think this will not get going until August. We could see a stray system before than but due to climatology factors and the fading La Nina I think the %'s are that this is a August-October season.

The ocean temps in the Atlantic Ocean are up this year but it’s not all over the Atlantic Ocean. The Central and Eastern tropical Atlantic were a little off the pace but should start to increase by early June. The target this year could be the US coast on the Atlantic side. My call is that Hatteras to Miami have an increased chance of a hurricane this year in August and September. The La Nina issue and the warmer waters WILL INCREASE the chances in the normally active Carolina Zone.

FROM THE W.M.O. (World Meteorology Organization)
WMO had predicted last October that the phenomenon would last until March.

But it said Monday that it now appeared likely that it would persist until June or July and could last longer. It said it was still difficult at this stage to predict how long.

"During the last three months La Ni

if you go with the 11 year sun spot cycle driving the la nina/el nino, then a repeat of the big la ninas of end of the 80’s could repeat in the early 2010 decade

Liveweatherman: Do you have permission to repost that article that is [color=red]"Copyright

[quote author=niko link=topic=31980.msg258152#msg258152 date=1211237987]
Liveweatherman: Do you have permission to repost that article that is [color=red]"Copyright

If you do post copyrighted material you need to acknowledge the source and state that you have their permisssion to republish, otherwise it looks like you are taking credit for someone else’s work. It’s also not a good use of this forum’s resources and bandwidth. Better would be to simply post a relevant quote from the article (assuming it’s on topic for the forum in which you are posting it), acknowledging the source and post a link.

However, there’s not much added value to this forum by just posting duplicates of postings on other forums, or just posting links to articles on other forums. That tends to look like linkspamming…

Got your point…I understand…thanks for the concern…:slight_smile:

Hi Brian

I watched a very interesting documentary with regards to the sun spots and it was predicted to be around
the 2010 - 2020, it was a little scary watching it actually cause they were referring to a mini ice age and what problems we might face when it comes…

I didn’t see a documentary but I saw a lot of articles like this Australian one not too long ago with that same prediction.

Thats a good read, there must be something in it for so many to come out with this, the docu was
a very good watch and like i said it did worry me a little with what they were saying, I told her indoors
about it and she just told me to shut up pmsl, i said on your head be it but i want to stock up on tinned foods lol

There were predictions of this coming little ice-age…NASA has predicted that the solar cycle peaking in 2022 could be one of the weakest in centuries and should cause a very significant cooling of Earth