software updates arghhhh

Only to me this could happen.
Got an update for my firewall, Norton personal 2004. yep. Installed the sucker, it crashed , then the virus crashed. OK. now I had to go off line.
So reinstalled, and all the cute things that go with getting recovered software back. Restore didn’t help.

In the meantime the leg hurts, took davocet wife drives to computer store, in coma I buy an complete norton package.
go back home, sleepy, install the sucker , it hangs. I go through the concept of terminating the whole thing, complete uninstall off the system, still no jive. Get it to start install, Go to bed. awake in AM still in load function. Go with competitor, install that back in business.

YEp, never has WD ever caused me any of these problems. Great product. Firewalls and antivirus, sheesh what a headache.

OH, yes, did get a security camera over the back yard, of course we have the weather tower in site, just its BW not color.

Strange breed we weather people.

:lol:
Puts my minor problems into prospective!

Chris

i am having a hard time keeping up with peoples problems with weather display at the moment…(crashes)
what i done to deserve this??
arrrgghhhhh!

Brian,
WD version 9.96e has been running flawlessly here since it’s release …

thats good, and I emailed 2000 people to use 9.97h
so i guess i can take heart that its only a handfull that have a problem with that version…

i just need a holiday…

Hey - I didn’t get an email?

I am not sure if I got one or not. The Spam detector is a bit fussy, but who knows.

I think the software is behaving, Had the hardest time removing norton, so I had to disable it . Sheesh, kind of like getting the relatives convince its time to go home.

No, its working fine. well, now have McAfee on board and Norton out to pasture. and the Knee is killing me,

WD is fine, didn’t cause any problems at all.

greg, try signing up the the wd newsletter again
when was the last newsletter email you got?

I have found the Norton Anti-Virus is a tricky program. I am always trying to have it scan when I tell it to, but it never listens. I can get it free from college, so I occasioanly install, run, the uninstall. If you don’t use outlook, that removes like 75% of the virus problems. I just have a firewall up, and I have never had a virus. I sure, since I said that I will get one tomorrow! :evil:

Sheesh, kind of like getting the relatives convince its time to go home.
I think the solution to that problem is to set all your clocks 7 hours in advance. " Looks like it is 11:00 PM, you better get going" " If they are not smart the won't realize how it could be light out at 11:00 PM.

Or maybe some sort of firewall for the house. Hmm… :smiley:

Chris

i too think email virus scanners are overrated:
they just slow down your pc
a good firewall, and safety with emails (dont have a preview pane, and dont open a email that looks suspicious (having a slow connection helps save yoru butt too))

After today, I tend to agree with you. I am having nothing but trouble.

Brian,

The last newsletter I received was Dec 1 concerning the corrupted version of 9.97h and aprswest.net.

No problems here on either PC. :slight_smile:

John