Multiple starts of Wdisplay on PC restart

I get three copies of Wdisplay starting automatically on rebooting my PC.
Running 9.97H with a WMR928N ( selected WMR968).

I have turned off all the start options I can find, but still get three copies fired up.

I would really just like to start Wdisplay as a service under my W2000 OS.

Something in the Registry?

Can anyone help?

Keith

I have this too, 2 copies if “start with windows” checked, 1 copy if no start option checked. Download one of the freeware/shareware startup managers and you should be able to clean out any spurious starts.

The one I use is available here towards the bottom of the page.
http://www.appcontrols.com/download.html

I tried the run as service option. Brian might argue but it really didn’t seem to be running any differently to the start with windows option, but you may have different experience.

use this program:
http://www.weather-display.com/download/startupman.zip

to see all instances of the start up for weatherd.exe

i know others have tried and got working the run as service option, but i have never had or got around to actualy trying it

i downloaded tweakui for windows 2000 (search for it under google), and now it by passed the loging password prompt just by setting that in the tweakui…great!!!

Thanks Guys

I’m using the startup manager to tidy things up - very useful tool

Ha, that’s the same startup manager, I thought I had gotten it from you but had to search the net for it :slight_smile:

teakui is good thing to have, but you don’t need it to bypass the pw in w2k pro. There’s a check box on settings>control panel>users and passwords

If you are autostarting it’s also worthwhile to remove the OS selection prompt/delay in settings>control panel>system>advanced>startup and recovery>system startup

mine is not ticked, but i have windows 2000 setup so that the linux pc can see it (i.e setup a network), which needed the login …so I guess I will need to untweak that in tweakui and restart to be able to get the linux verison to see this pc (i will have to test that)…i want to finish the linux version (adding in the autoscale graphs)…still have not found time…

…sorry, I assumed your link was the Dec 8th copy, but I’ve started with the version in the link, and yes, it’s all working ok. The old data is still garbage but I’ll delete that at some time.

Thanks