Indoor Temps less than -20C not reported/plotted correctly

9.97h does not crash! :smiley:

The following text contains observations and comments regarding WD’s tracking, displaying and reporting of the Indoor Temp sensor values.

Outdoor Canadian winter temperatures are likely to drop below -40C and sometimes below -50C. My weather station is on (and in) my “unheated” observatory so I will be monitoring temps in this range. Since my structure is unheated, my indoor temps will be virtually the same as the outdoor temps, sometimes higher and sometimes lower.

WD reports the outdoor temperature correctly. WD is not reporting the Indoor temperature correctly (or consistently). I’ll detail the behaviour of each Indoor Temp reporting feature that seems to be incorrect.

Observations:

:smiley: The indoor temp value is reported as a numeric real-time value on the main WD display. This value reflects the actual temperature accurately.

:frowning: The WD main temperature graph that plots indoor temp values cannot plot a temperature lower than -10C because the graph’s range value will not adjust lower then -10C. The actual plotted values are off the graph.

:frowning: If you raise or lower the Indoor Temp graph scale the plotted values are always plotted 5C higher then previous (they are plotted higher up the graph panel onto the wind direction graph, the barometer/windspeed graph and finally off the screen). From a coding perspective it would appear the graph-offset value is always incremented and never decremented.

:frowning: The indoor temp real-time graph scale clips at -20C despite actual readings lower than -20C.

:frowning: A weather warning email gets sent out for each new Indoor low temperature reading (including when the lower temp is less than -20C) but all the emails say
"-20

Hey Brian
Any chance the restrictions on Indoor temperature tracking will be removed and the graphing corrected? I’ve posted my comments and observations about this but there has been no acknowledgement that you’ve read my email.
Bob (…and yes - I’m still happy)

yes,I saw this…i justs have had some other people with problems that said they were leaving WD for good…and I have been spending time with them…but one has now gone, and the other is hanging on the by a thread,…:frowning:
so i try to spread my time around everyone and keep everyone happy
but sometimes I cant keep everyone happy :frowning:
any, also
Becuase not many have a console outside, I have not made your request priotity (and as some people have been waiting for me to get back to them for weeks on things too).
BUT i will see what i can do in the next 24 hours bob
( i have to got a kids xmas thing today too again)
also, when you get the below -20 reading and its not good on the graph, etc, email me the file latestindoor.inf
thanks

please try a new 9.99d beta version
it should be better for the on screen graphs
if ok, i will do the same for the web graphing

thanks

Oooo Brian. Man, I’m sorry if I sounded like I was pressuring you. This is a hobby. I was only trying to express my continued interest in this problem. I’m aware you’re busting your butt to deal with other more critical issues. (And Xmas events for the family always need to take priority.) I was only wondering if you had seen my email.

I tried 9.99d it is a definate improvement. Thank you for your efforts.

I hope you and your family have a good holiday time!

Bob, Ottawa

i might have missed the email, [email protected] does not work anymore, its now [email protected]

yeah, i have been put under alot of stress lately
off to milk dem cows now, then a xmas parade to watch with the fam damily

yeah, take it easy , Brian , for the users of WD - the REAL ones - this is a hobby and they know your support is second to none . Most of us when making suggestions or reporting inaccuracies or bugs want to work WITH you to solve any problem . Don’t let some guys who threaten you with abandoning WD make you think otherwise . Most of us are in this for the long haul !

merry xmas everyone !!

( not going to be a white one over here it seems )

9.99e beta will be better for the web graphs now too

i will look at the name thing soon too

off to another kids xmas party!
(boy do they have it good)

yeah, take it easy , Brian , for the users of WD - the REAL ones - this is a hobby and they know your support is second to none . Most of us when making suggestions or reporting inaccuracies or bugs want to work WITH you to solve any problem . Don't let some guys who threaten you with abandoning WD make you think otherwise . Most of us are in this for the long haul !
WHAT HE SAID :D

I have never seen such excellent support of a piece of software bought
over the internet, or in a box, for that matter. Your flexability to try
and help everyone is amazing.

As for the few instances where things go wrong for users, remember that
you offer everyone a 30 day free trial. During that time, it is the buyers
responsibility to evaluate the fit for their unique configuration, and then
make a buying decision.

Anyone buying your product, has to assume that it will do no more or
less than what they saw during the trial. The fact that you constantly
make it better and try your best to give people with problems your
individual attention, just makes Weather-Display a much more valuable