Crashing

Brian,

I am running 9.96 at Southparkwx and it is gong downhill fast. It has been crashing Windows about once per week since I first installed and now it is crashing within the hour of rebooting after getting progressively worse.

Unfortunately this time of year it is remote. I or my wife have been up twice this week to try to get it going again. Each time windows shut down because of a “problem”. I cannot get to it until Sunday and will have maybe two hours to work on it. My plan is to upgrade to “h” and hope for the best. What I am concerned about is one of the files that remains when I upgrade is compromised and upgrading won’t do any good. My question is, how far back can I go to start over and clean a possible infected file? I’d like not to blow away all my data but I am willing to re-configure everything in the time that I will have available. I won’t have time to fully download and start over because I won’t be able to get a new key from you in time and it’ll be a week again before I can get to it again.

Any ideas other than the question above? It is a brand new computer running only Webcam32 and WD and webcam32 hasn’t had a hicup in 3 years. It’s the Celeron below.

on thing to try is to install to a new directory
and save a file there called 2wd
with notepad
so that it then starts upas brand new, and so then set up what is needed

your old data will be still in the old location, so it can be incorporated once you have had the new location running for a while

see this thread too:
http://weather-watch.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=19627#19627