More problems with April2008.htm

I have described my problems and icosistence here:

I have not been able to sort that out. And when I look at the file today, May 1, I see another problem: In the statistics for April 30, the year rain total is 32.0mm and the month rain total is 31.6mm (should be the same as described in the other thread). Then when I look at the Averages\Extremes for the month of April 2008, the year rain total is 37.4mm and the month rain total is 0mm!!!

Why has the monthly total suddenly become 0? The monthly graph in WDL show 37.4mm for April. I also see that April2008.htm still don’t list the first day (April 10).

I will be glad if somebody can help me correct this.

I am using WD 10.37j build12

Patience please Runarbg - the software author has been away on a primary school field trip and he was a parent help for 4 days. He should be back on deck in 8 hrs or so.

TokKiwi

OK, thanks! I will wait :slight_smile:

In the mean time I have tried to correct the problems, and it seems that I have been able to correct some of it :). But the last thing I did was to try to generate April2008.htm again and see the sesults of my edits. I went to View → Averages/Extremes ->Recreate the web av/ext page. There I chose month 4/2008 and pressed Reset web page av/ex. It was working for a while, and after that my April2008.htm was empty (just the header)!

Then I tried the same with month 5/2008. To my surprise the generated May2008.htm had the data for April (but the header say May)! So this is very strage… I also saw that my corrected data had taken effect in May2008.htm :smiley: The only problem remaining is that all the totals were 1.8 too low because the first day, April 10, is still not included. Also the monthly statistics after day 30 were not there.

Note that the May files dont create normally until the 2nd day of the month.

Stuart

Since you know what the data should be why not open May2008.htm and fix the few numbers in error for April. Then correct the title to April from May. If that gives you a good April2008.htm simply upload it to the WEB.

By the way did you generate a 20080430.gif. My 10.37j-12 generated a new 20080429.gif at 12:08 AM on May 1. It has the 4-30 data plotted. The erroneous 20080429.gif was uploaded and overwrote the previously good 20080429.gif.

I think that the end of the month associated with Avg/Ext and associated 24 hour graphs have prevailed. I have done some manual editing on images and life goes on.

Tom

Tom: Yes, I know that I can edit the April file. But I’m wondering if something more is wrong, so I’ll wait a little with that and hear if Brian has something to say here. Ialso got the 20080429.gif instead of 20080430.gif. I also have a 20080501.gif and 20080502.gif (tomorrow!!!).

Stuart: OK, Ill check tomorrow.

i have replied to the post you made in the other thread
not sure now which thread you want to carry on in?

Thanks, Brian. I just saw your reply in the other thread. I am at work now, and I will check what you ask for immediately when I get home. I think that I know the answer, but I’ll double check before posting anything to be 100% sure!

I think the most logical is to continue here, so I will post the answer here in some hours from now (if you don’t mind?)

OK, sounds good

Brian,

I don’t see “view whole month” when I go to “view,av/ext”. But I have a button called “update whole month now”. Is that the one you mean? If I press that all data shows correctly, both in the upper day by day and in the lower summary. The rain is also correct, it sums up to 33.4mm in the day by day, and it say 33.4 in the summary.

I alo see one other strange thing. I looked at May2008.htm that was created at midnight today. It seems to be correct for May1, but monthly summary is very wrong regarding rain. Both rain for month anyear are very different from the correct values under May 1???

You can see it here: http://www.runarweb.com/May2008.htm

If you do the “update whole month now” for May, like you did for April, then it should all come right in there as well.
To make sure that you have the corrected file for April on your site you can upload it by going to:

Control Panel > FTP & Connections > Manual Upload / Run a Program

Click on “Choose the file” and browse to your April2008.htm file in wdsiplay\webfiles and click “Upload now” once it’s in the top box. There’s no need to put anything in the rename area.

As Stuart (Broadstairs) said, you always have to wait a couple of days after the end of the month for the previous months data to be fully intergrated. The reason that May’s file got corrupted data in it could have been due to the edits that you made to the April2008 data. :wink:

I don't see "view whole month" when I go to "view,av/ext". But I have a button called "update whole month now". Is that the one you mean?
Yes

I do not always remember what the exact wording is

re rain, it uses the rain totals, which you can set under control panel, barometer offset and rainfall setup, if you are looking at the current month, if other months , then then rain totals are from what you see and can edit under view, rain chart

I simply cannot understand why WD users feel that a previous month updates using data from the following month.

In the case of April 30 as in April2008.htm, it does update a few minutes after midnight on May 1st using April data. That is the end. What could possibly happen on May 1st or May 2nd or May 3rd that would change the AVG/EXT for the any previous month. And if one will look at the file dates and times, they have not been revised by WD after the generation on May 1st at about 0008 hrs.

What I do see and what makes sense is the Records for the Month do take a few days to be OK such as May’s Record Rain in 1 hours is showing and April date and I see the logic as there has been no rain in May to change that. But when it does rain in May that has no bearing on history for April.

If April2008.htm is not right as of now either regenerate it, manually fix it or live with it as I see this.

Tom

there used to be a few problems with viewing or recreating on the 1st day of the month
but that is not the case now, I fixed those partcular problems

did the recent changes I made fix the missing last day in the av/ext reports for the auto update?
that was the main thing I wanted fixed, and then just a few others things to fix(refix) like the missing last day date stamped graph file

Hi windy, I have a problem to with april, your latest zip (build 13) cured the rain issue etc but WD wont create april 30th day or the gif, I have done update whole month stuff, just no april 30th, April 1st to 29 ok, have I missed something ?
Phil

do you mean the daily date stamped graph file missing for the last day of the month?
I have fixed that in build 14, ready now, for next month
note that you can create that missing graph file via view , graph history, then view that last day of last month, then save it and then name as needed and upload

yes windy, the daily stamped graph, #-o sorry just tried again and its worked, created it manually
phil

The header title is good for April and May using 10.37j-12.

Some rain was created as there in none on May 1st, but 0.18" for the month.

Tom

build 15 has some more fixes for the av/extremes
should be good now hopefully
Tom, the rain total for the month at the end of the report should be the current monthly total you see on the WD screen
for the current av/ext report (May2008.htm) (auto created)
is that not the case?

the month and rain totals at the end of the report are derived from the current totals you see on the WD main screen

for the running totals that are created for each though, the year total to start off is calculated by adding each rain total for each month under view,rain chart
and then each days rain total is added to that
(because the easy days reports are now recreated each time the report is updated instead of being appended (means any data changed show up)