Overnight rain in Wellington NZ

Probably not significant in the big scheme of things, but we don’t get a lot of rain in Wellington 8)

85mm betwen 10.00pm and 2.00am last night. Highest rate was 240mm/hr (4mm/min)

Caused fairly wide spread local flooding and about 40 Fire Service callouts - not to mention the soggy rug in our downstairs laundry area this morning :?
We have a second story gutter that overflows onto a small parapet roof below and the water travels back up under the flashing - another thing on the ‘to-do’ list :roll:.

Cheers
Colin.

and it caused a thunderstorm at home…heard from a neighbour…not sure what the status is of my weather pc…until we get home later today (it stopped updating the web site (but I do have a UPS))

It seems the extreme rain was fairly localised. We only got 30mm here, still peaked at 180mm/hr. (around 27km north).

Paul

Hi all

We had 10 mm in 4mins here, although WD reports max rainfall rate of 5mm per minute at one stage - it was rather wet! - Overall 65mm in the time 9am yesterday to 9am today. I too have a gutter that isn’t quite sitting right - so each time it rains heavily it all congregates in the gutter and then overflows impressively. Good thing it’s over a deck though!

Cheers

home now…local power transformer was affected by the lightning, so we had a 3 hour power cut…and my UPS does not go that long…so trying to get my data sorted out and get a month roll over done
and work out how much rain was missed, etc #-o