La Crosse data report / history extraction

I’m running version 9.97e and am having a problem with the extracting of data from my ws2310. When I start up WD the ws2310 history settings window appears and then nothing. If I click on the Get Data From Logger Now button up pops a message “getting data from 1 minutes ago” and the nothing. :?:

Also on the La Cross data report screen (View-Lacross data information setup) It keeps repeating “yes get history last record” over and over. If Iclick Get Data it responds with “Ws2500 timer on” :?: I’m using a ws2310.

No rush on this Brian. :slight_smile:

hi
you need to have wd downtime for more than a few minutes, and if you do a manual, you need to set the minutes back to get data to more than 1 minute, and also set the datalogger to 1 minute logging for best results
:slight_smile:

I’ve tried that. When I change how many minutes ago that I want to extract data from and click on Get Data From Logger Now nothing happens. The only thing that changes is below the % complete bar. That will change to the correct number. For example If I try to extract data from 80 minutes ago it will say " Geting data from 80 minutes ago" and then just sit there.

Any ideas?

maybe its to do with the raw barometer reading from the data history that is too low…
i.e try setting a offset there in that window
??

huh? WD and the ws2310 on the wall show the same barometer reading. What should I set the offset to?

this is a separate baro offset just for the history data extract, as the barometer in the history data extract is different
now when you go to do the extract, anything under view program error log?

I tried putting a 0 and a 1 into the baro offset and the program error log reported:

Finished history data
83 9A B2 8A C6 06 C2 <-----I inputed 0
83 9A B2 8A C6 06 C2 <-----I inputed 1

Before I could see WD importing the data.

Thanks for the attention. I know that you have other things that you are working on.

Hi Brian,

The white stuff is falling :slight_smile: The white stuff is falling!

We are up to about 4 inches of the fluffy stuff.

Any more ideas on my problem?

try the beta version, i did make a few changes
otherwise also try the win95/nt version…
too
and let me know

I've tried that. When I change how many minutes ago that I want to extract data from and click on Get Data From Logger Now nothing happens. The only thing that changes is below the % complete bar. That will change to the correct number. For example If I try to extract data from 80 minutes ago it will say " Geting data from 80 minutes ago" and then just sit there.
I've been using 9.97h for all of 5 days now and I have the exact same problem as reported above. I also have the WS2310 with its recorder set to 1 minute intervals and if I've been shut down for 60 minutes and try to extract data for the last 60 minutes it reports "getting data from 60 minutes ago", but absolutely nothing happens. Gathering and % complete meters do nothing. The log never gets the data.

If it worked, it is a great feature to be able to extract some or all of the 175 records of data that the WS2310 holds. That was one, and only one nice thing about the (ha-ha) Heavy Weather program, which does download the data fine.

Herb

hi
this was working,…
i have a 2310 console here, i just need to jack up a seiral cable …
(i gaver away the 2310 station I had)

Hi Herb,
The data extract for WD was working and it worked very well. Are you having any problems with your graphs not updating on the main screen?

Brian,
I have installed 9.98a and unfortunitaly things are the same.

BTW We are being hit with a snowstorm forecasting 12-24 inches :smiley:

Brian,

Just for giggles I jumped back to version 9.91d and the history extraction is working along with the FTP! 8O

I’ll let you know if the graphs update.

4 more inches on the ground so far :smiley:

lastcall:
is that the history at start up, or history forced to go back so many minutes?

ftp:
what is not working for you in the latest version re the ftp?
there is 1 other person with a problem (oldun)…
but I do not know why:
its ok for me

try 9.98c beta, which will be ready in an hour or so…i have compared to the linux verison,and found/fixed some things

Hi Brian,

Just got in from plowing :slight_smile:

The history problem was with both the startup and the forced.

The FTP problem was that nothing was happening. It use to ftp on the hour and I could see it running down on the task bar, then it just stopped doing that. Then I tried to force it - Action, Update Internet Now. and again nothing. I’ll try the 9.98c beta and let you know.

Lastcall & Brian,

9.97h is the only version I have used, so I didn’t know that the “get data from W2310” use to work. That’s good to know because it will make it easier to fix. By the way, the sync PC to WS2310 time on the same screen works fine.

Yes I am having some problems with the main graph stopping mysteriously. In fact, the logfile stops updating causing the graph to stop, and the internet update to stop. Yet current info is still coming into the program from the WS2310. It has happened 3 times between midnight and 0115. The 1st time, no matter what I did, I could not get the logfile going again. (Program close/open, PC reset, etc) Finally, I tried reloading just the wd executable program (9.97h) and it started to log again. The second time it stopped at 0027 the 3rd at 0108. In both of these cases, I was able to bring the program down and back up to get it going again.

To see if it has any impact on the logfile stopping, I have started to do a PC restart in the evening and it has behaved itself for 2 nights.

I have another mysterious problem. Twice now, at 18:00 hours, something (only wd is running) changes the time on my PC. The 1st time, it changed the time at 1800 to 0900 and continued logging to the logfile using the wrong time. I then went into it for a manual fix. Tonight at 1800 it did the same thing but set my PC time to 22:00 and was logging from then. Once again I shut down and went into the logfile and fixed all the 22’s and 23’s to 18 and 19 and restarted wd.

I am not having any ftp problems. I upload to my webpage every 10 minutes and download one metar file. Update now works OK too.

Since I am new to WD, I requested no help on these problems, because I figured that most likely I was doing something wrong and didn’t want to become a pain. But I did decide that it was time to find the forum to do some learning. I was surprised and pleased to see Brian so active here.

I’m getting walloped with snow too. It started Friday night and hasn’t stopped. I’ve removed 14 inches so far and it’s only Saturday night. I’ve got another day of it to go. And to figure this is the 1st snowfall of the season.

Since Brian is now sound asleep, I’m going to go looking for the 9.98c beta.

Herb

2:30pm sunday afternoon
sleep would be nice

now, the pc time changing:
that means the syc the pc time to the ws2310 time is not working very well…and that is what it changing your pc time
i guess what i need to do is put a reality check in there or something

the other problem you have with the graph updating stopping:
check under view, program error log for anything there

I think I was delirious from shoveling too much snow. Must have been thinking Europe at the time. But I have my New Zealand clock in front of me now, so no more mistakes. Must be 5:38 PM there.

I have now loaded 9.98d beta.
I have clicked off the sync time box until that gets fixed. The “sync now” function works fine.

I will check the prog errors next time the logging stops.

The get data from WS2310 is as it was before and still does not work.
I tried shutting down for 30 minutes and could not recover the data. The wd log file just copied the same data across, or flat-lined the data.

I brought up Heavy Weather to confirm that I had 3 hours of 1 minute data recorded.

Since my 18:00 time switch to 22:00, and even though I fixed the time, my wd outdoor humidity reading is 96% (the upper limit), even though the WS2310 console has been reading 89-90%. It’s been that way now for 5.5 hours. I’m off to search for a setting to get it correct again

Herb

Concerning the humidity…
http://www.weather-watch.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3194&highlight=lacrosse+humidity

It looks like Brian just fixed that bug. If you install the latest beta version(9.98d I think), it appears it should be fixed.

:smiley:

Chris

Looks like you are already using 9.98d, as Brian states below. I would blame it on the snow, but only rain here, while like 40 miles away they got 6". :frowning: