Carterlake/AJAX/PHP multilingual template .. need translation help

For folks who would like to offer a multilingual version of the Carterlake/AJAX/PHP templates, there’s good news from Mike Challis and me … the template set is ALMOST ready, and we need some help in generating the translation lookup tables (like the plaintext-parser.php sets) , a dummy ‘About’ page, and a JavaScript constants (the language area from ajaxWDwx.js) for the currently supported languages by the WXSIM plaintext parser:

‘ct’, // ‘catalan’,
‘dk’, // ‘danish’, Done by Henrik
‘nl’, // ‘dutch’, Done by Gerard and Jozef
‘fi’, // ‘finnish’, In progress by Henkka
‘fr’, // ‘french’,
‘de’, // ‘german’,
‘el’, // ‘greek’, Done by Thanos
‘it’, // ‘italian’, Done by Mario
‘no’, // ‘norwegian’, Done by Arnt
‘pt’, // ‘portuguese’,
‘es’, // ‘spanish’, Done by Luis
‘se’, // ‘swedish’, In progress by Bo

I’ve created a sample (Danish) translation file (attached as language-dk.txt) with the help of Henrik’s website and our Danish guests (feel free to modify it/update it Henrik). I’ve also attached the companion language-dk.js file (stolen from Henrik’s ajaxWDwx.js).

If you’d like to help translate, then download the language-dk.txt file to language-LL.txt (LL=2 char abbreviations listed above), use the English in the first field and create the equivalent word(s) in the second field (replacing the Danish).

Download the language-en.js to language-LL.js and replace the English with words in the target language. See the attached language-dk.js sample as a guide. If you’ve already customized your ajaxWDwx.js language section, then you can just copy those entries into the file.

Download the wxabout-en.html as wxabout-LL.html and replace the English text with the translation into the target language.

Then… post the three updated files as attachments to a post on this thread.

The new sample site is at http://saratoga-weather.org/template/WD-World-ML/wxindex.php

I’ve only enabled the English and Danish versions right now… as I receive translation files, I’ll enable those languages.

Currently the following pages are supported by the translation feature:

wxindex.php (including ajax-dashboard.php/ajaxWDwx.js + windrose, WU-forecast.php, plaintext-parser.php)
ajax-gizmo.php for secondary pages:
wxabout.php (including ability to load wxabout-LL.html for individual language support).
wxgraphs.php
wxastronomy.php
wxforecast.php
wxsimforecast.php
wxsitemap.php

We’ll add the other pages to the mix as we complete the translation work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Ken

EDIT: updated the sample English files with rain days/days w/o rain and conditions translation settings.
EDIT: update the language-en.txt to include missing menubar.php names.
Edit: update the language-en.txt for more translation items.

language-en.js.txt (2.19 KB)

wxabout-en.html.txt (3.07 KB)

language-dk.js.txt (2.24 KB)

language-en.txt (5.95 KB)

Hello Ken,

I’m translating right now, just one question about html character entities:

Example:
langlookup|Warmer|Pi

Hi Mario! Thanks for taking up the Italian translation!

You should be able to use any of the characters in the ISO-8859-1 (Western Latin) set, so "Pi

Hi ken,

Thanks for dissipating my charset confusion and THANKS for the language translation feature!

This is project is coming along nicely Ken. :computer:
This will be really useful because there is so much international interest in WD and weather web sites.
:wav:

Hi Ken

I have modified the language-dk.txt file and translated the about page.

Best regards,

Henrik

language-dk.txt (7.05 KB)

wxabout-dk.html.txt (2.91 KB)

Here the Italian translation:

Some litte wording adjustment will be probably needed, I will done that when the multilanguage-template will be available for testing.
Thanks to all the peoples collaborating in this project!

language-it.txt (7.19 KB)

language-it.js.txt (1.97 KB)

wxabout-it.html.txt (2.45 KB)

Thanks Henrik! I’ve updated the test site with the -dk translations.

Best regards,
Ken

Thanks Mario! I’ve updated the test site with your -it translations so you can see the results. Please post any changes you need to make as either complete files (attached) or as specific langlookup lines.

Best regards,
Ken

Hi Ken!

Here comes finnish translation. I will check it when you have enabled it and correct it if needs.

Henkka

language-fi.js.txt (2.02 KB)

language-fi.txt (7.04 KB)

wxabout-fi.html.txt (1.59 KB)

Ohh… :o The translation work fine! Just some minor wording change needed, I attached the updated files.

Just two note:

In wxindex.php, dashboard, Montly rainy days, actually display “3 rain days in Apr.”

must be:
3 giorni piovosi in Apr.
or
1 giorno piovoso in Apr.

Both UV Index and Solar Radiation High value:

High: 0.0 @ 00:00 (English language)
Alto: 0.0 @ 00:00 (Italian language)

must be:

Max: 0.0 @ 00:00

Thanks!

language-it.txt (7.19 KB)

wxabout-it.html.txt (2.45 KB)

Ken,

Can we add the language definitions for the upcoming “Ajax Heat Color Word” feature into the translations right now?
I think it would be better to have it in there now rather than ask everybody to come back later and translate it.

var langHeatWords = new Array ( /* used for Heat Color Word */
 'Unknown', 'Extreme Heat Danger', 'Heat Danger', 'Extreme Heat Caution', 'Extremely Hot', 'Uncomfortably Hot',
 'Hot', 'Warm', 'Comfortable', 'Cool', 'Cold', 'Uncomfortably Cold', 'Very Cold', 'Extreme Cold' );

The “Ajax Heat Color Word” is still in BETA but it is working fine so far , it may be good to go very soon.
I wish windy would answer my Q.
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/32271

Thanks Henkka! I’ve added your translation files to the sample website. Let me know if you have changes/additions.

Best regards,
Ken

BTW… Gerard has sent the -nl translation file and is working on the Dutch about file too.

Great idea…

Would the translators mind doing a translation of

'Unknown', 'Extreme Heat Danger', 'Heat Danger', 'Extreme Heat Caution', 'Extremely Hot', 'Uncomfortably Hot',
 'Hot', 'Warm', 'Comfortable', 'Cool', 'Cold', 'Uncomfortably Cold', 'Very Cold', 'Extreme Cold' );

for the -LL.js and also translate a credit line for your translation like

<p>Thanks to [name] at <a href="http://your.weather-website.com/">[your website name]</a> for the [language name] translation control files.</p>

All the translators should have a credit link in the wxabout-LL.html file so others can thank them for their excellent work!

Best regards,
Ken

Looked at the demo site, and saw that the danish/norwegian days names, L

Hi Ken

Here are the Danish translation.

'Ukendt', 'Ekstrem hede fare!!', 'Hede fare!', 'Ekstrem hede', 'Ekstremt varmt', 'Ubehageligt varmt',
 'Meget varmt', 'Varmt', 'Komfortabelt', 'K

@Ken

Is it possible to translate the VP+forecast text using the language-files ?
I prepared a file you can use to test, but it may be not complete.

Jozef

VP+forecast.txt (11 KB)

Ajax Heat Color Word Italian translation done:

'Sconosciuto', 'Caldo estremamente pericoloso', 'Caldo pericoloso', 'Estrema cautela', 'Estremamente caldo', 'Caldo fastidioso',
 'Caldo', 'Caldo sopportabile', 'Confortevole', 'Fresco', 'Freddo', 'Freddo fastidioso', 'Molto freddo', 'Freddo estremo' );

<p>Grazie a Mario Rossi di <a href="http://www.plmeteo.info/">PLMeteo.Info</a> per i files di gestione della traduzione in Italiano.</p>

Hi again Ken

Another Danish member of this Forum (strandvejr) made some changes to the language file - so here is the updated lanugage file.

In Danish: S

language-dk.txt (7.06 KB)

Here comes finnish one:

'Ei tiedossa', 'Poikkeuksillisen l