V9.97c/ Ghost lines on graph

I have been getting two sets of “ghost” lines on my wind speed graph. They appear and then disappear…the only page that seems to be noticing them is Wunderground , which registered a 230mph wind spike! The problem started after I upgraded from 9.93 a week ago or so. I was going to mention my FTP wasn’t working earlier but it seems to be an internet problem not a software problem. My ISP was having problems with e-mail and FTP’s ( along with the fact I have been struggling with the new Norton Internet Security 2004) but other than the ghost lines everything else seems to be working at the present.
Jon

the graph shows even minute then odd minute logged data alternatively

with a ws2310, its highly recommended to replace the cable between the anenometer and the temp/hum sensor with a shieilded cable, like CAT5E, to stop wind spikes like that.
THis has worked veery well for lots of others now

I’m having the same problem and WD passes this along to weatherunderground. I happens only when the program crashes as far as I can tell. There’s a single 300mph spike and then everything goes back to normal.

It should appear on my graph.

http://www.szekeres.org/weather/

i will put a data quality check in…so that it does get rediculous speeds like that

Actually Brian, I’ve noticed in the last few versions, anytime I restart WD there is always a huge wind value (just the first one) that only seems to show on the 12 hr graph (as a 200 km/h spike) and goes to WU… as about 390 km/h!, i correct it on the 12hr graph and it doesnt show up anywhere else… any restart will do it

oops
i see what has happeneded!
uploading 9.97d now that fixes this

Looks good Brian!
9.97d seems to have cured the ghost lines.
Using shielded cable is a great idea…and one I plan on implementing I was just waiting for the warranty to run out on my weather station, before I start tinkering :lol:
Jon