Midnight crash - help

Help! I still continually get an error just after midnight for wdisplay.exe and it crashes. I tried the trick with the import /convert graph to text file - update and it fails every time I tell it to update extremes.

I believe that’s why it fails just after midnight - updating extremes.

I have had this problem all through the month so it is not just an end of month thing.

Any more ideas for fixing it?

I have a Davis VP w/ datalogger
the latest - WXDisplay 9.97a
On Windows 2000, current service packs

Thanks.

Khan

try:
go to view, averages/exreme
then scroll down
then see the reset the averages/extreme page
and click to do that for this month (and then let it finish)
then wehn complete
try
action, update averages now
and see if it survives

It didn’t work. Still the same problem. The extreme pages look like the updates are working, but it crashes every night at midnight.

Guess I may try to automate a restart of the program everyday, but sure would like to get this fixed.

ok, now, if you go action, update averages/extreme now, does it crash then? (i.e you dont have to wait until midnight to see if we have fixed it)
if so, try:
delete the files
weekrep.htm
and
november2003.htm

from the web files folder

try that first, then if still no go
try
action, import log files, convert wd logfiles to grpahs, but tick convert graph files to logfiles, then select the file month112003.inf and click on convert

Deleted both files then updated files on web. Weatherd.exe crashed. I checked the files and the weekrep and november2003.htm files are both created.

I restarted the program, did the action, import log files, convert logs to graph, checked covert inf to text, selected month112003.inf and clicked convert. It said the convert was successful. I then told the program to update aveg/extremes now. It crashed.

It appears everything is working the way it should until it goes to upload the averages/extremes page. Any more ideas?

humm
you will have to zip and send me your files, so I can duplicate:
wdisplay.ini , from c:\windows or c:\winnt
112003lg.txt from the folder logfiles
month112003.inf from the folder datafiles
november2003.htm and weekrep.htm from the folder webfiles
dailylog.txt from the folder logfiles
week2.inf from the folder datafiles
that should be them all