Vp?

did you ever figure out why the vp doesn’t seem to download the datalogger archive data?

no…
i only know of you and vinay and one other person at this stage with this issue…
and yet the VP is the most used station with WD…
:frowning: :roll:

some combination of interfering software or something. Now if I connect and let WD run exclusively it reads the console data. very strange.

What else were you running? I’ve had no issues with mine, maybe I can force the same problem.

P.S. What UPS did you get? I looked around and replaced my APC with a Belden because of the WD style dials and graphs that the software produces.

I always have gone with APC. I got the model 1500, its skinny and not many problems. The only annoying one is that if the UPS is attached to an USB hub, it periodically loses and regains communications. It is recommended to be directly connected to the cpu. I am guessing that the signals to the hub might have a tendency to cycle and this throws it off. Of course the number of direct connections that my cpu has is two in the back and 2 in the front, and both being 2.0.

Belden:? sounds interesting. the local Compusa had only a Triplite and the APC.

No, it seems strange that WD worked very well with downloading the datalogger directly and I would get a backlog of data. But then I started to use the weatherlink software more and one day, the WD wouldn’t download the logger. It connects perfectly with the console and I get the current data and it finds its way into the data files and logs fine, to a point. BUT its as though it can’t read the logger. So I had this brilliant idea. I have another backup console with a logger just in case. I brought the other logger over and hooked it up and no dice, no differerence in anything, so much for my initial theory that the logger was having the archive cleaned. When I look at the log files the data is messed up. Dates don’t exist for example a date like 00 00 00 or 0000000 stuff like that . IF I do the download.txt import the data comes in one heap.

I don’t have any new format or updates to the VP console, its just like something odd happened here. I downloaded a fresh copy into my lap top which has no other weather software associated with it. Of coure I get the warning that the WD will expire in a few days, but anyway… I find that the same thing happens on both units. Now that is strange.

I am beginning to wonder if the software for one reason or another doesn’t read anymore the data logger for some reason. Did something program itself into the WD system . I think this happened around the time the universal station came on board, but not sure.

I am thinking now it might be in the vantage pro. I tried using version 9.30e which was on the lap top. I got the same results with the present version on a different lap top with windows 98 no less.

It must be something in the datalogger that is screwy. I just don’t or can’t put a handle on this one . very odd.