SuSE10.1 LaCrosse 3600 - no data flow to WDLinux?

Installed WDLinux on SuSE10.3 ok, com port 1 is working fine, library files ok and permissions ok (thanks to this forum), but no data flowing from my LaCrosse 3600 into Weather Display. Manual input is ok but no use to me as I wish to upload correct data to WU, AWEKAS and CW auto-magically as I can do in Windoze with Heavy Weather/WUHU. (upload of data in WD to weather sites was fine with manual input data)
Any ideas on what I should/need to do will be most welcome.
Thanks

sorry, this station type is not supported in the linux/mac version

Bummer deal.

Thanks muchly for the advice as it saves me from going bonkers.

the 3600 station type is not an easy one to deal with re serial communications
but there is though an open3600 project…
(search for that with google)
and so then the trick would be to get that running (fetch3600) and producing the out3600.txt file
and then set wd to ues that (fetch method)
that might work

Thanks, I do have the WS3600 prog so shall try your suggestion. Cheers.

Can somebody give some feedback on how using the above suggested strategy worked/did not work with La Crosse 3600…would be very helpful to have a manual of “how to” for us Linux newbies who own 3600s.

No luck yet as I haven’t had much time at home to try WS3600 working properly. I too could use some guidance on this.

what have you done so far?
have you downloaded the open3600 files?
and then tried to run the fetch3600?
eg
./fetch3600 > out3600.txt
make sure you set the config3600.cfg file correctly, i.e the com port number

Please bear with me as a newbie…I now have the fetch3600 working and it produced an out3600.txt…all the data seems to be in there…

a) there is only 1 time period at the moment…do I need to write a script to run fetch3600?
b) having got the data into the out3600.txt, what is the next step please…

hi
the fetch3600 would need to be re run as a cron job,.,…but I could get WD to run that for you
in WD, set the station type as a 3600, and tick, use direct
(if that is barcketed out (i cant remember if it is or not on the linux version, then it could be set manualy via the wdisplay.ini file (and if this all works, then I can add back in the 3600 station type, etc…and could you .zip and email me the fetch3600 program?

thanks

Whoa!..sorry!..as a newbie that is too many steps and in not enough detail for me…I think I can just about work out how to run the fetch 3600 as a cron job…but what do I output it to?

Setting something up via the wdisplay.ini file is where I am starting to lose it…what do I set up via this…

Send Brian the files he ask for. With some luck he will have it running in the Linus version.
Coyote

i can add to get the fetch3600 file run by WD and then read back in again…the out3600.txt file
I will work on that tomorrow and then let you know

Sure, I have no problem in sending Brian the files - It is just that being a newbie to Linux, I am not sure what files, how to send them and to what address.

Great thanks…I did not realise that you are a fellow kiwi…greetings from Queenstown.

great place to be living Queenstown :slight_smile:
my email address is on my forum post signature :wink:
if you could .zip (or .tar) the open3600 program you have working, and I will test here with my 3600 station

hi
making progress…I can get data from my 3600 station via the 3600

should get all working together soon :slight_smile:

Excellent…thanks…

one problem
its outputting the data to the terminal window instead of too the out3600.txt file
did you get it work to the file?
fetch 3600 > “/home/wdisplay/out3600.txt”
should work but does not seem to be
anyone got any ideas?

I just did this as you suggested elsewhere…
./fetch3600 > out3600.tx