Low pressure circa 945hpa heading towards UK/Ireland Sunday/Monday

The eye has gone, back in cloud and the baro is on the way down again. Slowly but going, now 953 mb deadā€¦

Calmed down a bit here for a while, wish me luck Iā€™m off to London now on the trainā€¦

Stuart

Have a safe journey Stuart

Steve

I take it thatā€™s relative pressure, and not adjusted to sea level?

Woke up to sunshine streaming through the window and 31mpg gust max at 2:45am ā€¦ nothing too terrible !! I seem to have gained a fence from next doors garden though !

Been calm for the last 3 hours, but now things are getting going !! I see the eye (951) hasā€™nt moved much in the last couple of hours, sat over South Ireland. I think I will see some interesting weather in the next few hours ā€¦

Steve(MI0DLW), Quite correct, the Yuasa is fully charged, and the Yaesu FT-857 / SGC-211 is ready to go !!

Lucid

Safe journey m8 and good luck :slight_smile:

Good point! how does one do such a thing? I know I am approx 20m above

Bashy

Looks like you got away with the rain today I have had over 20mm already today

Baro still falling now down to 961.6 :wink:

But wind only gusting at 20mph at the mo , just waiting for round twoā€¦

Steve

Just had another small downpour total now at 13.6mm and the baro hit 960mb
but now gone back to 961mb thats Seal Level adjusted, my actual console says
941mb

Gone past the blue skies bit now half hour or more ago, overcast, wind round to north west and full of salt spray, :frowning: wind gusting up 45mph, 971hpa still rising no more rain still at 21.2mm

Here we go again, warnings already issued for Tuesday/Wednesday low

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html

Steve

Ok well not too bad for us in the Midlands. Heres a few of my stats from this system.

Drop of 36 Hpa in 24 hours (well actually around 20 hours)

Bottomed out at 957.2 hPa (adsl) at 1:52pm, Core directly overhead.

17.2mm of rainfall in 12 hours.

Max gust of 44 mph at 5:48am.

All in all not too bad here. **However, there is another storm system on the way for Wednesday, this time for all those areas that didnt see much wind (i.e away from the SW) it looks to be far more potent with inland gusts reaching 60 mph.

I faired about the same with a bit stronger gusts
baro hit 960mb for about 15 minutes
gusts hit 50.6mph
and 17.8mm in 14hours or so

Looking forward to Tuesday night through Wednesday :slight_smile:

Yes calming down here a bit to now, managed 59.2 mph gust at 16:17 this afternoon, with a low of 960 hPa at 10:08 this morning, no more rain and another neighbours green house is a tangled heap. :frowning:
Could of been much worse, watched the news earlier.

Guesting around 30mph now and 987.3 hPa, no rain since 9:42 this morning.
Phil

We ended up with 9.1mm rain a low baro of 965.4 around 4pm and max wind gust of 45mph which is not as high as only ten days ago when we got 59mph with no where near the low baro reading. Anyway the train ride ended up uneventful, got there and back safely.

Stuart

Good to hear your safe Stuart, we had 7 trees down in my county and a
few structural damages but other than not it was pretty calm
considering the hype, perhaps tonight/tomorrow will be more interesting :slight_smile:

Can I just say with all the hype on this storm for my area it was a bit of a let down :frowning:

But then only weather nuts would say this ā€¦ :smiley: :smiley:

I had more excitment yesterday when the water tank in my loft sprung a leak (why?) and I had to mop out the two inches of water in the loft before it crashed through the ceiling. Then run down to Wicks buy a new tank,get it through the loft hatch holeā€¦no mean featā€¦and then plumb it into the system ā€¦then when I went to turn on the central heating to dry out the bedroom ceilings it would not come on! ā€¦so after a lot of swearing and jumping aboutā€¦and the wife taking coverā€¦lolā€¦ discovered the pilot light in the gas boiler had been blown out by the wind!! #-o #-o

Steve

I know what you mean :D, but be careful what you wish forā€¦

Relatively ā€œnormalā€ here. Very little rain, steady 35/38 mph winds.

Thank goodness for the Grampians. How often have we said this :wink:
Expecting this second system to possibly catch us with Southerly and Easterly draughts.

Starting to pick up here now 28 mph gusts so lets see if we get a second bashā€¦

Steve