Can WD sign on-line?

Can weather display sign on-line and then do any update? It appears that WD tries to do this but an error box pops up that says invalid user name. Can someone please help me figure out the correct settings? I have a msn dial-up. Thanks :lol:

Looks like you fixed this, but if not then I recall someone having trouble getting in to MSN dial up because he needed either "MSN" or “MSN/” before the username.

Thanks for the tip but we are still having trouble. If anyone else has any ideas please let me know.

I may be all wet here but I use MSN and don’t they require: “msn/username” in place of just username?

Yes, I just went and check, it does. However, mine added it automatically the first time, but that was long ago. You might try that.

Sorry I gave the incorrect error message. The error message says invalid service name. Any ideas what that means?

If you are not online at the turn of the hour, does WD dial out but not do the upload, or is it not even dialling out?

Is there anything in the WD FTP error log or the WD program error log?Both of these are on the View menu towards the bottom.

ok! At the top of the hour we receive an error message that says Invalid service name. Then the WD FTP icon pops up in the system tray. when we click on it to bring it to a window - it says “starting to dial connection MSN explorer” ( but nothing else happens- after a few minutes everything goes away). when we check the ftp log it says that the program closed due to a time out after 6 minutes. Any more ideas? I am guessing that WD is not dialing out.

I have gotten it to finially gotten the WD program to start the dialing out. But this is what I get now
actual messages from upload session*
Starting to Dial Connection: minidialer

Modem change status, # 1
Initializing…
Modem change status, # 2

Modem change status, # 3

Modem change status, # 4

Modem change status, # 5
Disconnected
ERROR: The phone line is busy. at time/date 6:10:01 PM 11/7/2003 agenda item:
Doing abort procedure/program close…