Clientraw.txt not appearing as updated on server

I am completely new to all of the aspects of WD and the intricacies of getting realtime info onto a website, so please excuse my ignorance.

I have client raw real time ftp vers 5.5 running in my taskbar and it shows it is updating the clientraw*.txt files. However, when I look in my FTP client (WS_FTP Pro) to view what files are on the server, they are not updating to the most recent version of these txt files.

The path to my server is: /home/public_html and the switch is ON.

It is obvious that this is because of something I have done (or maybe not done), but I would surely welcome any help and advice to get it updating.

Regards

Podologo

clientraw.jpg

scroll up to where it shows that its logged in and changes directory…

Here it is…

clientraw2.jpg

It seems to be getting the files there, saving and renaming. Check the time and date of the files you are viewing - are they recent? Perhaps the data being sent is old?

It may be just that when viewing the output in WS_FTP Pro, that it is a function of WS-FTP not actively updating whilst logged in on that folder…If you go back up through the directory and return to the file, it may then show the update…just a thought. :wink:

and, of course…welcome to the WD Forum…there are loads of folk here who will help with getting “all sorted out”… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The only way I can get the *.txt files to update on my server and show on the server, is to do it manually. I did this and realised the file upload time on the server was on EST, not GMT, so I corrected that.

I have the client*.txt files saved to my websites folder on my HDD, and they show as being continually updated, but the identical files on the ftp server are stagnant. Here is an image of my FTP client showing local files on the left:

Thanks

Podologo

On the LHS it does not seem as if your clientraw.txt file is being updated by WD - ie, it still has the date of the 25th. This is the key one but the others are probably needed for WDLive as well. Hmmm… Its 11:30pm here probably time for me to get some shut eye. I hope the others can suggest some things to try. :wink:

Yes, I am sure that if I can get clientraw.txt to update on the LHS, everything will work as it should.

Please remember that because this is all totally new ground to me, I am having problems with the plethora of settings that are available in the WD Control Panel and View. Still, we all have to start somewhere, don’t we? :slight_smile:

P

Maybe first see if they aren’t being updated elsewhere. The WD default is \webfiles and I see you mention \websites. Perhaps some kind of mixup going on there? A quick search of your HD should tell us.

• Jim

Hi Jim,

A search of my whole HDD shows the files it found are not being updated. What I cannot understand is why the search didn’t find the updated/updating files in my website folder on E:/ as shown in the image further up this page. It found the old files, but not the updated ones. The second image is the updating files showing in the left pane of my WS_FTP window.

Here are the search results.

Thanks

Podologo

clientraw5.jpg

I think it is in the FTP Menu under Control Panel, and there is a Clientraw Tab setup in there. Just check that all is ok in there and the .txt file should be the one found in the \webfiles folder. All std ftp functions will be from there as WD deposits and updates all new data files and graphics in there for the websites.

Thanks, I am glad you mention going to check the FTP settings… they had all gone! It’s the same with the map coordinates for the sun/moon times… the program doesn’t save them! Every time I go in there I have to re-insert them, but that’s another story.

Back to the clientraw.txt issue. Here’s a shot of my webfiles folder, and as you can see, none of the files are updating in what I think should be the default location. Can you point me anywhere in C Panel to set these files to update?

Many thanks for your time and help.

Podologo

Are you running Vista?

Not on the one with the weather programs on. I have Vista on two of my other computers, but that shouldn’t affect the performance of the XP machine.

I thought Vista might be the source of the not saving settings problem, but that’s not the case.

make sure you are clicking on OK to save the settings

I do, Brian, every time! I have just checked and the coordinates have disappeared yet again.

On this issue (bearing in mind this topic is about clientraw.txt) the only settings I can input are… what? Latitude or Longitude? It doesn’t say.

Huh? The window looks like this so I don’t understand that question.

co ordinates?
do you mean in the sun moon rise setup?
are you clicking on the update button there?

Definitely, every time. Yes, the sun/moon set up page.