All time records...

My WS2310 has gone offline a number of time in the last couple of days - kept knocking the power brick off without noticing :frowning:

Trouble is, just before it died, I recorded some very strange readings. I have searched these out in the log files and deleted them, but it means my All-Time records are now wrong.

Could we have a facility whereby a routine could go back through all the logs and re-create the All-Times again from scratch?

I know that if you have a long established station, this might be some considerable amount of data to search, but a routine to do it for you has to be better than trying to remember them, or hunting them down one by one by hand…

Andy E.

Was it just the wind gust that was recorded incorrectly or was there more than that?

Normally you just go to Action > Enter All-time Extreme Records and put in the corrected records for either the All-Time, month-to-date or year-to-date.

[s]There is Action > Reset Selected All Time Records - I think that does what you want. You do have to push a button for each record to reset, but that’s not a big deal.

Disclaimer: Never tried it myself. Suggest making sure you have a good backup (looks like the function creates one).[/s]

Hmmm, I don’t think does what you want so please ignore the suggestion.

I know Brian is seriously overworked AND under paid :frowning: but i would have to second your idea. That would be a really cool feature…

Nikki

Yeah, I would third that, in fact i just logged on put some recomemndations down and this was one of them. I too lost my WD data and had to import from my WL source and now i have no extreams… it would be great to set a job off to gather that data

Windy is on a roll - he is just making great strides developing graphs and images for the MAC OS version, so sometimes he has to stay doing what he is doing before dropping it completely for 4 days or so… :wink:

Its a good idea, I have a lot of data to read through on a rainy day and edit some errors out and then redo the max and mins and avgs. Regenerate the month summaries ( you will have to anyway) and it would be easy enough to get through 12 months anyway. I have had a lot of errors creep in during my first year with the la Crosse and have sorted the best way to edit the logfiles on another PC on the home network.