Lost my registry entries

I lost my registry entry and have recovered everything but some of my WD setup. My system is remote and through dialup so it’s painful in working through all the screens.

I thought that most of my WD data is kep in the wdisplay.ini file. Can anyone tell me what the major elements are that aren’t covered there? (point me in the right direction?)

Thanks

hi
its all the internet relateted info/settings thats in there…
i now have the wdisplayftp.ini settings being automaticly exported and saved to wd’s daily zip back up now too (should work…is for me)

jeff, i am going to soon add the dallas 1 wire reset thing…
also, i now have finally improved the offsets for the exra sensor real time grpah

Thanks Brian,

a one-day zip file isn’t going to help me much…I went and updated it so it has how overwritten it. Oh well, I learned a lesson today. (I think I’ll write a Homeseer script to keep 7 days worth).

One question…on my test machine I have a config that is very similar to my production machine. Is it possible to export the registry entries just for Weather-Display and transfer it to the production machine? That would really save me some setup time…

yes
but it depends on the path in the registry file
(i.e it might not be the default, but you can change it with a word procesor)

I always fear working with the registry. Can someone walk me through the steps?

its easy now in the latest version of WD
as it automaticly adds your wdisplayftp.ini setitngs to the daily zip back up or go to setup, general and misc, and see the back up registry, click on back up, and its created in the databack up folder

then on the PC where yopu want to import it, use regedit.exe to find all wdisplayftp.ini settings
export it
(see http://www.weather-display.com/exportregistry.html)
and you need to check the path, in case its not default (save as a .txt extension so it will open in notepad.exe)
the default is:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER
in front of the wduisplayftp.ini on each line
but sometimes it might be different
if it is, then the one you are going to import from the other pc (which you just double click if it has a .reg extension) you open in notepad.exe, then go edit copy all, then paste into say WORD then do a search/replace to replace that path, then save it again, then you can import it
easy

Brian, once again you are great at assisting us (me). I’ll work through this - I think it will save me a ton of time - an improve my accuracy!

Thanks