LabJack & 1-Wire

Hi

I see Weather Display can connect to Labjack & 1-Wire.

I have a couple of questions though

1. Can it connect to a WM918 and Labjack or 1-wire at the same time ?
    2 If it can, can the Labjack also connect to other software ? (So I can use its outputs)

Thanks

Keith

hi, yes, both at the same time, but with the 1 wire you need another spare com port, or you need to purchase the new usb com port, i think that works with wd, whereas the labjack uses com port straight up, and is very easy to setup…just tick the options, the rest is automatic…(not sure about other software using at same time though)

I am using a Labjack, and yes other software can read and write to the Labjack at the same time as WD with no problems at all :slight_smile: I was impressed!

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I’ll be buying a Labjack (another new toy), plus an extra com port.

Ricky, what other software are you using ?

I have a master plan where I can control my heating system from my pc. The Labjack can do that by the looks of it.

A simple household programmer can control the heating system, but the labjack could have an optomised start routine, Ie it gets to the correct room temp when I want it, not start at a fixed time.

cheers

keith

I was just using the labjack datalogger and signal generator programs that came with it… would be great to get some kind of control system happening like you have planned :slight_smile: