My Homebuilt tornado Machine

Hi all. Wasnt really sure were to post this, but as it is a completely home built device i thought id put it here.

Hi all. I have been testing out my home built tornado machine and have made a video showing the various vortices i have created. Completely made from spares, it cost me a total of

…and now you’ve got one :smiley: :smiley:

Brilliant piece of work. it must have kept you amused for hours and hours… :slight_smile: :)…But please don’t make a full-scale one, or the neighbours might complain… :wink: :wink:

It really is very good though and quite an achievement… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Phantastic!!!

But… if you are in the northern hemisphere, should it not turn leftwards? Maybe it needs some adjustment with the vents - or I’m confused. Anyway, it’s impressive!

lol Munro, i had visions of the wall being blown out and loosing the armchair. :lol:

Castacota, i always thought it was counter clockwise, but i managed a vortex clockwise as well so yes you may well be right.
Everyone thats been in the house since i built it have been amazed by it, poking their fingers in, i said its yours for 2k haha. :wink:

Wow, thats amazing, stand a few farm animals (toy lol) and lego people in there and make a video
if you have the means that is, thats brilliant, well done :slight_smile:

hi

that looks really interesting , brilliant I have tried to view the video clip
having no luck with the link

could somebody tell me if the link is working all do I need to download the file
http://www.worcwx.co.uk/Tornado%20Machine.wmv (12mb, wmv) :frowning:
mick

Hi you need to have windows media player 9 or above installed. Try copy and pasting the link into windows media player, so simply copy the link, then go into windows media player then (if media player 9 or above) click the little down arrow top right - file - open url then paste the link in there. It should work then.

Or you could just right click on the link above and go to 'save target as ’ and download it to your pc.

link worked for me Mick

Impressive !! What amazes me is how you wisely created the low pressure core in an open space. Casacota is right, at the northern hemisphere it should turn CCW, maybe changing the mid-level fans to the other side?

It’s really funny to see it working!.

It’s great! I agree, I suspect the effect of the fans overwhelms any idea it might have of which hemisphere it is in :slight_smile:

I LIKE it :slight_smile: