Adding personal weather stations/sites to my Page

Hello daveb,

I have added you to my personal wx stations/banners page.

Thanks…Chris

Nice site you have. Feel free to add mine,
Dave

hello dave…Thank you.

…and your “clickable to your website” banner has been added to my personal Wx Stations Page.

http://www.gateway2capecod.com/banners.php

…Chris

Chris,
I ended up moving my site unexpectedly. The new location is now working well. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dave

Yeah, I klutzed an Explorer mouse move and killed webfiles folder and wow! Did that affet a few things!! Also somehow, all the dlls and exe’s etc disappered from the wdisplay root and now I have a version in Program Files as well … :frowning: And it took ages last night before bed, to set it all up again and find the other files location. I had a backup on another pc on the network so i copied things over but now the one last banner graphic has lost its original background image from Custom Screen function. That wil be fixed tonight. I checked at 6am this morning and still some things were wrong buit i got my webpage back - I had also copied the source code from the current then live webpage to help with any lost arrangements.

Man was I pulling my hair out getting that sorted (and I’m trying to hold onto that!!)

I checked your banner list and now I pop up first for the international sites - probably because my server is in Kansas!! :smiley: I’ll get the image back tonight.

Don’t run the mouse on the side of your thigh when wearing lycra cycle shorts!!! The strangest responses occur - to the cursor action that is…

Graeme

Dave,… I have updated your banner and link to your page…Chris

“Don’t run the mouse on the side of your thigh when wearing lycra cycle shorts!!! The strangest responses occur - to the cursor action that is…”

That’s not an image I wanted in my head! :oops:

Oh my, you’ve got that right 8O

Thanks!

Don't run the mouse on the side of your thigh when wearing lycra cycle shorts!!!! The strangest responses occur - to the cursor action that is...
I always wonder about other forum members and what they do when they are not messing with their weather station, but this was a little bit too much information.

I think the optical laser gets multiple depth and reflections from the weird material giving different reflection paths and different signals so it got quite confused. I was hoping to update an html file and the mouse was giving strange commands to the cursor and it wooshed webfiles folder off the screen into oblivion - not even in the Recycle Bin, so WeatherD got horribly confused… - and so did I. Teach me for getting off the cycle and going straight to the PC beside the upright freezer in the laundry with monitor on top - so standing up is the norm when altering/editing anything. #-o

It was a very worrying time…

Umm - who comes home from work or a weekend vacation and goes straight to their PC to check on WD??? :oops:

Sorry - a bit O/T here… but have a laugh at my expense… :roll:

Graeme

Ok, I’ll admit it, I do. :oops:

Hi there,

Could you please add my banner to your page.

Regards

Geoff

Sorry the server that I am using at the moment has been down all morning, hope it will be online again soon, it is in the States somewhere

Sorry - a bit O/T here... but have a laugh at my expense... Rolling Eyes
I guess, I thought, I was laughing with you, but now I realize that maybe you aren't laughing. :oops: I know how frustrating it can be to accidentally loose many hours of work in just seconds. I hope you get things straightened out.

Well I was very annoyed with my own stupidity to carry on when i had little control, then it all went pear shaped. yes it mostly all came back - i did a registry recover, forced WD to look for files in the c:\wdisplay\webfiles path, saved and restarted after bringing everything across the home network… some things still needed attention this morning and a couple of graphics were lost till this evening - i now have another copy of the important webfiles folder all stored locally on the same pc, but i was so tired at the tme - i could only be annoyed with myself and even raise a wry smile once i got it all returned…

I’m glad to be a part of Chris’s banner page and when ly site goes to a menu system, i will do something similar as well … :slight_smile: Proud of the regional networks they have created too… and i have nothing to do with it… :wink: they are great with new forums and shared info.

cheers, time for the sack.

Graeme

Hi!

You can add mine if you want. WS Langerak is situated in The Netherlands.
Thanks and good luck!

I don’t think anyone was laughing at the data loss, for which he has my sympathy, but I’m man enough to admit that the mouse and spandex shorts was hard to resist :oops:

Hope you can add mine now, the server is all up and running now, Harwich, Essex, UK

www.harwichweather.com

Geoff

Hello…

Netherlands and Harwich have now been added to my banners page…Chris

I would like to join but I don’t have a real banner, only the standard one from WD…

Martin - post a request herre…

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/26995

Its sort of for all Logos and banners, not just the round ones, Budgie - one of the resident artists may make one for you if you have a regional scene photo or something that represents your area or a landmark or even justy a nice scenic photo you have, reduce it down perhaps to 640 x 480 and post it and you may well be surprised!!

You can do one with a photo yourself like mine below and use the the Custom Screen function - there is a good sticky to use…

Graeme