Adding personal weather stations/sites to my Page

Hello All,

I am once again adding links to other peoples/forum members mostly,… Personal weather websites , which on my “Personal WX Stations” page I will add Banners for your Sites, which are clickable leading to your website. This is similar to what I had before on my old design website, but this time with the addition of your actual banner showing current conditions etc. etc.

on my Home page left side bar, under the “Information” Tab I added a new page titled “Personal WX Stations”. I also have too add this to the left sidebar of all my other pages.

I have only placed a few banners on the page at the moment but more will be aded as I have spare time to update the page. I have seperated them by stations in USA, and Stations in Other Countries.

If you want your banner with link to your home page added to this page of mine…just ask and I will add it.

I only ask that it be of similiar size, as the rest are on the page, and if in USA, adding your city and state abbreviation somewhere on the banner makes it easier for viewer’s to know whereabouts you are located.

The New page is here , if you would like to view it, or you can go to my homepage>Information Tab>>"Personal WX Stations Link

see page here:
http://www.gateway2capecod.com/banners.php

Thank you, Chris

I have a banner logo you can use, thanks
http://www.carmosaic.com/weather/logos.php

Hello MCHALLIS,

I have added your banner/site to my Page, and must say…Very Nice Looking Site you have…Nice Work!!

…chris

I was going to ask you to add my banner to your site, but I see you already did that. Thanks, Chris.

You had a link for me before too, but the new layout is very good!! Excellent work Chris!!

Hmmm, I keep on talking about a new Wx website using templates and php, but with the large teenage family and old cars, old houses, I haven’t gotten around to it yet… :frowning: Summer is great here right now, 25~30

Your both welcome, and if anyone else wants their banner added…just let me know.

I will also add more as I find them.

…chris

Hi gateway2capecod,
This post prompted me to have a go at setting up a custom screen. I’m pretty sure its working, but it’s only 10 minutes old!
The background image is taken from the end of my road and shows Dartmoor in Devon, UK - more specifically (from l-r) Rippon Tor, Saddle Tor and Haytor.
Feel free to add it to your site.
Thanks
Dave

Hello daveb,

I have added you to my personal wx stations/banners page.

Thanks…Chris

Nice site you have. Feel free to add mine,
Dave

hello dave…Thank you.

…and your “clickable to your website” banner has been added to my personal Wx Stations Page.

http://www.gateway2capecod.com/banners.php

…Chris

Chris,
I ended up moving my site unexpectedly. The new location is now working well. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Dave

Yeah, I klutzed an Explorer mouse move and killed webfiles folder and wow! Did that affet a few things!! Also somehow, all the dlls and exe’s etc disappered from the wdisplay root and now I have a version in Program Files as well … :frowning: And it took ages last night before bed, to set it all up again and find the other files location. I had a backup on another pc on the network so i copied things over but now the one last banner graphic has lost its original background image from Custom Screen function. That wil be fixed tonight. I checked at 6am this morning and still some things were wrong buit i got my webpage back - I had also copied the source code from the current then live webpage to help with any lost arrangements.

Man was I pulling my hair out getting that sorted (and I’m trying to hold onto that!!)

I checked your banner list and now I pop up first for the international sites - probably because my server is in Kansas!! :smiley: I’ll get the image back tonight.

Don’t run the mouse on the side of your thigh when wearing lycra cycle shorts!!! The strangest responses occur - to the cursor action that is…

Graeme

Dave,… I have updated your banner and link to your page…Chris

“Don’t run the mouse on the side of your thigh when wearing lycra cycle shorts!!! The strangest responses occur - to the cursor action that is…”

That’s not an image I wanted in my head! :oops:

Oh my, you’ve got that right 8O

Thanks!

Don't run the mouse on the side of your thigh when wearing lycra cycle shorts!!!! The strangest responses occur - to the cursor action that is...
I always wonder about other forum members and what they do when they are not messing with their weather station, but this was a little bit too much information.

I think the optical laser gets multiple depth and reflections from the weird material giving different reflection paths and different signals so it got quite confused. I was hoping to update an html file and the mouse was giving strange commands to the cursor and it wooshed webfiles folder off the screen into oblivion - not even in the Recycle Bin, so WeatherD got horribly confused… - and so did I. Teach me for getting off the cycle and going straight to the PC beside the upright freezer in the laundry with monitor on top - so standing up is the norm when altering/editing anything. #-o

It was a very worrying time…

Umm - who comes home from work or a weekend vacation and goes straight to their PC to check on WD??? :oops:

Sorry - a bit O/T here… but have a laugh at my expense… :roll:

Graeme

Ok, I’ll admit it, I do. :oops:

Hi there,

Could you please add my banner to your page.

Regards

Geoff

Sorry the server that I am using at the moment has been down all morning, hope it will be online again soon, it is in the States somewhere

Sorry - a bit O/T here... but have a laugh at my expense... Rolling Eyes
I guess, I thought, I was laughing with you, but now I realize that maybe you aren't laughing. :oops: I know how frustrating it can be to accidentally loose many hours of work in just seconds. I hope you get things straightened out.